Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Pedal options for 32 k member

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by louisb, Dec 21, 2014.

1. louisb

louisb

Other than '32 pedals, are there any other options using stock Ford pedals and a '32 K member? Trying to figure out how to keep the stock forged pedal shafts without hacking up the K member.

Thanks,

--louis

2. Tony

Tony

image.jpg image.jpg I bought a set of 34 pedals, then dissected the pedal "box" and built my own to fit the 32 k member properly.
    The pedals, shaft and sides where the shaft pivots remained, i just fab'd up the rest.
    I did have to slightly modify a hole in the K member to fit the new box up tightly to it though. Nothing major.
    That pedal set was much cheaper than the 32's, and worked like a charm. I think i paid 80$ for it.
    Just one option.

Tony

Last edited: Dec 21, 2014
    bct likes this.
  3. louisb

louisb

Veddy nice! I was looking at doing something like that with a set of '40 pedals I have.

--louis

4. Andy

Andy

I am using a stock K member but have a side shift trans in the car. I got some 40-48 pedals and made my own mount and bent the arms as required. I like the later clutch linkage. It is easier to get lined up and easier to change the ratio.

5. I've use 39 Ford pedals with a little modifications. HRP

6. I use original pedals without modification and mount the master cylinder behind the k member. More info to follow when I get time.

Charlie Stephens

7. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

If your doing a 32 with ford trans/clutch , stock firewall I would use the stock pedals and big clutch arm ... Such little hassle... Almost like it was made for it!

But if its different driveline/ body those 34 pedals modified as shown is a good alternative .. 33-34 pedals are about 2" shorter and quite different shape

Lots of guys in old days used 39 pedals but most hacked out the left leg and threw it away to fit it also... I fit one with a leg once ,but wasnt much left of it

8. amadeus

amadeus

Industrial Chassis , Phoenix AZ (El Polako here on the HAMB)
    Has a sweet bolt on set up as well as a bolt-on crossmember
    His products are top-notch!!

9. louisb

louisb

It's a '29 on 32 rails running a flathead and '39 trans.

--louis

10. louisb

louisb

Yeah I have seen his work and was thinking of running his legs for the k member. I think his pedal set up uses fabricated pedals and I wanted to keep the look of the stock pedal arms. If I was going to use fabricated pedals I would go with an Ansen type swing pedal. (Which I may end up doing if I can't find a good solution.

--louis

11. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

That 34 set up would probably work really well for you then , expect 100-150 for a set with box... Sometimes you get lucky , I saw a set couple moths ago in classifieds for 40.00

12. louisb

louisb

There was a rather rusty set on eBay for $80 but I am poor until Jan.

--louis

13. I used 34 pedals in a 32 mount. This is a 32 k member in a Model A frame with a 32 B trans. Only had to heat and tweak the pedals away from the frame a small amount. On a 32 frame you might have more room. The 34 pedal mount sits higher than a 32 so the mount needs modified like Tony did but is an easy fix. The 34 pedals are around an inch shorter in length than 32 pedals so they fit without hiting the firewall. 1013.jpg

bct likes this.
  14. louisb

louisb

Nice, and thanks for taking the time to post the picture. Guess I am on the hunt for a set of '34 pedals.

--louis

15. Rem

Rem

That's a neat installation, 62pan. Do the pedals end up a bit further back than the original Model A ones would have been? I'm trying to picture where the A bellhousing and trans would be?

16. After the floor boards are in as far as I can tell the pedals are in the same location and height as stock A pedals. This was one of the reason I used them.