Register now to get rid of these ads!

Miniature Ardun V8 engine - Hear it Roar!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bill McGuire, Aug 28, 2012.

1. fast30coupe

fast30coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Illinois

Badass

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

2. Do you know if/when the roadster was featured in any mag? I'm thinking The Rodder's Journal but I don't know that.

Video: tiny Ardun V8 --- hear it roar! | Mac's Motor City Garage

[​IMG][/QUOTE]

3. This weekend at the Glenmoor Gathering in Canton, Ohio there will be a 1/6 scale running Duesenberg J Straight 8. Looking forward to hearing it run and seeing how it compares to the Ardun.

4. Does anyone know if there is a club or national meet for these miniature engines and their builders?

5. Do you know if his roadster was ever featured by one of the rod mags? I'd love to see it.

Video: tiny Ardun V8 --- hear it roar! | Mac's Motor City Garage

6. FYI, this has been a very popular video at MCG. Thanks!

7. Dale Fairfax

Dale Fairfax
    Member Emeritus

My sentiments exactly! It does make me wonder though: Are the builders of some of those other scale V-8s (Chevys, Flatheads) using 180* cranks or some different firing order? They just don't have the sound like this one does. One of the Chevy models (The real authentic looking one) has a buzzing note-almost like a two stroke.

8. Good point and a good question. I honestly don't know about the cranks. I can see where a flat crank would be easier to make.

9. I checked into it briefly and the engines I saw appear to use 90 degree cranks, so I can't explain the difference in sound...yet. I'll try to keep on it.

10. Here's the crank in the Moyer 1/6 scale V8, appears to be 90 degree:

[​IMG]

here's what it sounds like:

World's Smallest Small-Block Chevy V8: See it Run | Mac's Motor City Garage

And just for grins, here's a 1/4 scale Offy. It sounds pretty healthy:

Tiny model Offy runs like a real one | Mac's Motor City Garage

For whatever reason, the Offy hasn't generated much interest, however.

11. Now that my friends is a true craftsman.....Very, Very KICK ASS MOTOR.

12. ... among HAMBers, this was the most popular story at Motor City Garage in 2012. Thanks for your input and support!

13. I was working on a simple little project yesterday on the mill and remembered your post. His work truly is inspiring.

14. Just saw an Ardun in 1:1 scale today. Didn't sound nearly as good as this one.

15. Looking for any and all information and photos, including magazine articles, on the '32 Ford roadster built by this man, Ron Bement. Thanks in advance for your help!

16. Revised and expanded, broken link repaired. Thanks for the heads up.

17. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Too much talent and time. Unbelievable, similar to that HAMBER who did that miniature 9" and top-loader 4sp transmission.

18. The skill and patience of these guys are truly inspiring. Also, the planning and problem-solving skills. I think we appreciate them as much as the finished product itself.