Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Center X cross member

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by earlyv8, Dec 20, 2014.

1. earlyv8

earlyv8
    from oklahoma

Greetings

Has anyone on this forum used the Clarke hot rod shop 32 center X cross member?

From what I can see, looks like you can use an un-split front wishbone and possibly a 39 Ford pedal assembly. Pedal location is also important to me. One other feature looks like a early Ford or perhaps other transmission could be removed from the rear rather than pulling the engine. I am also hopeful it would work in an unboxed frame.

Not traditional but still looks to be Ford parts friendly.

Appreciate any comments from experienced users of this or similar products. I understand Industrial Chassis has a high quality X cross member, and so does Chassis Engineering. Dagel does as well but they do not appear to be as adaptable to early Ford parts.

Jack

2. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

They sure look like the Chassis Engineering setup. I have use Chassis Eng. and like their products.

3. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I just bought an Industrial Chassis unit for a client the other day.... In my opinion there is no other way to go about it! Get ElPolacko's pedal kit too and you'll have the best of the best.

I am kind of a ringer, truth be told, as Steve is an old friend of mine of better than 25 years. I have watched his development of this product from start to finish and it is nothing short of phenomenally designed and stiffens a '32 frame like nothing else. Whether you go with his complete X or the legs that bolt to the stock K member, I am convinced that you are getting something that is far better designed and built than ANYTHING else on the market by far. ... And yes, I have used other's kits as well.

4. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

I thought they were made by them but maybe not. My neighbor used the set up and it worked just fine. They have the features you want that CE doesn't. They have a good reputation for quality parts.
    IMG_5202-150x150.jpg IMG_5198-150x150.jpg

5. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

image.jpg I've used CE stuff on a bunch of cars and make my own center bulkhead then modify ford pedals or use ansen

6. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Bingo thirtytwo! The center bulkhead is going to be key in this deal. Without it, the frame would still be quite lively as far as torsional movement.

7. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

Yep I kinda copy CE's concept but make it fit the trans whether it be a Muncie shifter box or a 5spd those little gussets they put in to tie in the top plate is where a lions share of the strength comes from... Then having the bolt on plate directly on bottom...

Brookville and the one Lynn posted look a little flexy to me ...CE stuff is probably a little crude by today standards but i think still sanitary...I like that it is very simple and straight forward, they could be selling a lot more x members if they had a manual trans option

Your right though ind. chassis is nice stuff I'm just too cheap ... It's the german/Minnesotan in me!

8. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

Or ... Since you are in Oklahoma just buy a later chassis and use the guts and pedals.. Done a few like this also image.jpg