Register now to get rid of these ads!

History FOUND! Kaspers "Ghost" from Milwaukee....1937 Ford Sedan

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Centurion9, Jul 25, 2014.

1. titus

titus

You get the Man-A-Fre intake with it?

2. Steering box is unusual^^^....but I'm stumped.
    [​IMG]

3. lchambers

lchambers

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1418863808.332173.jpg

Here is a clip from the rod and customs magazine it was in explaining the front end.

GA-BOY

4. I was gonig to say that steering box looked GM to me. I'm glad to see the car is getting cleaned up.

5. joseph.peter.carter@us.ar

[email protected]
    from USA

After reading almost the whole nine yards, first felt that here was a couple of guys, in over their head's, trying to sell a one of a kind custom car, on the cheap or without paying for the ads. You have to admit, they did obtain a lot of free ink. Second is the fact, that the owner, wants to sell, but does not have a price in mind, usually that means, I want to get as much for it as I can. Now the owner or the guy helping him is taking the car apart, and who knows when it will go back together and how many parts are loss/stolen/come up missing. The last thing I notice, was the two symbols on the frame, in front of the a-arms, the one on the right is the, "Star of David" and the other side is the old German political symbol the Swastika, but backwards, so it would be the sysbol of peace for millions of Hindus, Buddhists and Raelians.

Anyhow alot of work went into building this item, and I think old Carl had a had a funny sense of humor. It is going to take a fine eye to meet the level of detail that Carl had accomplish, with all of the crazy painting. At the end of the day, I think that this was a product, of more changes equal more points at custom car shows.

Do I like the car, yes, but I would drive the wheels off of it, after I would bring it up to Carl's standards.

catdad49, Stogy and Centurion9 like this.
  6. I'm sure Carl knows all about this as several of us know him and have had contact over the years. At his age, I wonder if he has any interest at all. It would be great to see this car resurrected and the original build duplicated. I remember this car as a kid, that's why I got so excited about it being found on CraigsList. Here's hoping......Centurion9

Stogy likes this.
  7. joseph.peter.carter@us.ar

[email protected]
    from USA

Good catch Centurion.

Centurion9 likes this.
  8. Thanks for the progress pictures. Keep them coming and looking forward to seeing this back together

9. lchambers

lchambers

I would like to see $8500 for this car. Spread the word. Still interested in some trading as well.

GA-BOY

10. Anything on this car.....?

11. lchambers

lchambers

I sold it to a local guy that knows the history of the car. He plans on making the car road worthy and driving it to shows and around town from time to time.

catdad49 likes this.
  12. Thanks.....Please share it with us if you are in touch down the road.....Centurion9

13. lchambers

lchambers

14. Cool car and a great story. Growing up in the area it was a cool read. It did get kind of deep at times.

15. titus

titus

Im still wondering if you got the man-a-fre that was on the motor in some of the older pics of the car, ive asked a few time and never an answer, got any pics of the motor when you got it? i like looking at the vintage set ups for ideas?

16. lchambers

lchambers

Yes Titus it was still with the motor.

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  17. titus

titus

Cool, thats neat that the car was missing nothing really, so many times stuff gets pirated!

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  18. Hoping this car is still being restored....Anyone?

Stogy, kidcampbell71 and Moriarity like this.
  19. yes, i've been wondering too. told my friends in the ATL area to keep an eye for it, haven't heard nothing yet

Stogy and loginrc like this.
  20. Digger427

Digger427

Been over a year, any updates? I remember this car from back when I was in highschool. A friend of mine from my home town owned it then, about 1971 or 2. I remember crawling underneath and marveling at all the chrome. I never saw it outside the one car garage it was in. Haven't been in touch with Mike since about 1975. I heard the car was in the area in the mid 80's or so, but never saw it again. Would love to see it out and about again. I think it's a very cool car from a bygone era.

21. This keeps poping up in my mind....guy that found it actually sold it but where abouts now are unknown.....I really wanted it

Stogy and chryslerfan55 like this.
  22. DJ Kasper

DJ Kasper

Hey guys just read through this entire post. My grandfather is actually Carl Kasper. I was wondering if anybody has any updates on this car. I would love to see if it has made it's way back on the road. I can't believe the interior is in such great shape still. Really wish i was around when this thing was making it's way around the country. Any updates would be greatly appreciated.

catdad49, Stogy, milwscruffy and 2 others like this.
  23. RIP Carl, passed quite a while ago on Dec. 21st 2015 and was one heck of a guy and upholsterer. Would love to know if this project ever progressed after the sale of it too.

kidcampbell71 and Stogy like this.
  24. COCONUTS

COCONUTS

I kind of blew through this and felt it was pretty interesting. I had a 37 Ford slant back at one time and one day park in front of the auto parts store. The old guy in the store, looking out of the front window and at my car said to me, "to bad that is not a 36, because the 37 has to be the ugliest looking Ford produce." Went home and asked my Pop about that statement, and he said the same thing. So old Carl, must of been working up hill, with a 37 Ford. I wonder why there is a Jewish symbol and a Nazi symbol on the front frame. I understand that a Nazi symbol if drawn backwards means, "good luck", but I cannot remember which way is backwards. This will be a sharp car when finish.

25. Roothawg

Roothawg

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

catdad49 and lothiandon1940 like this.
  26. catdad49

catdad49

Love to go thru some of these old threads. I wonder if it Ever made it back on the road?!

Stogy likes this.
  27. With a very few exceptions, 37's and 38's were parts cars for 39 and 40's in the 50's or your Mom's car you wouldn't be seen in. Times change when that's all that's left.

28. John Stimac

John Stimac

Kasper's Ghost was painted in my old shop on Whitnal Avenue in St. Francis Wisconsin when Wayne Walten occupied it before Me. Karl stored the car in his shop on Kinikinic Avenue, and offered it to me for $700.
    in about 1973 or 1974? It had the most fabulous Mirana pearl ever laid down on a car, done by Butch, who is still doing it in Arizona to this day. He will turn 80 on the 20th of this month.
    Stimac

29. Just wondering if this car has ever surfaced. I wanted it back then and still kinda haunts me

30. You and me both. Hope it’s being saved.

Roadsir likes this.