Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Need help identifying this shoebox!

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by cfabusa, Dec 16, 2014.

1. cfabusa

cfabusa

Optimized-20141015_115214.jpg I bought this 49 shoebox off a church in Orange County California that had it donated to it! I am desperate to learn more about my car. I got to the previous owner who had purchased it "as is" a couple of years ago (I think from Long Beach) for his teenage daughter who grew tired of it very quickly. It has the most amazing chop but most everything else is pretty much stock including all the running gear (it is still 6 volt). This could mean it is a recent chop to an otherwise stock car or an early early custom before door poppers etc. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
    [​IMG]

deto, lothiandon1940 and 51 BIRD like this.
  2. fat141

fat141

bttt for ya mate

3. wedjim

wedjim
    from Kissimmee

Nice ride, spread the word!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. ..................................Don't know anything about it, but I think I better start going to your church. Good luck.:D

5. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Looks cool,got more pics of it?

6. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

"This could mean it is a recent chop to an otherwise stock car or an early early custom before door poppers etc".

How was the chop welded? If it shows evidence of MIG or TIG, with plastic filler it's more modern day work. And if it's all hammer welded oxy/acet. it is more than likely earlier work, especially if it's finished in lead.
    Might get lucky and find someone signed and dated the underside of the roof when the chop was done.
    If you can't view the welds because of the headliner, pull a side window garnish and look at the back side for MIG wire tailings.