Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 55 Pontiac 2dr HT Stocker to Mild Custom Build, More Updates!

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Toast, Jan 13, 2014.

1. fantastic car! I think this car should be a statement to those shying away from kustomizing a resto-car, its SOOO worth it!

2. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Wow thanks guys! I really love how the car turned our. Sure was a lot easier than most of the complete ground up builds I have done in the past. As far as what you can see, its pretty much done. I do have a set of the stainless skirts and the Starchief 1/4 trim but kinda like the way it looks now. I still plan on switching out the motor and may do an OD when I do. I have everything for the swap. Of coarse staying Pontiac motor, I have a fresh 56' 316 in my garage.

3. Cool. Glad to hear you're sticking with a real-live Pontiac motor. I used a '60, 389 against the slant-pan hydro in this car. Ran original 3.23 gears and had no need for an overdrive...ran 65-75 all day long with traffic.

Attached Files:

4. U-235

U-235

Great job.....you had me at first when you said you were going to put smaller tires on. I thought "oh noooo..", but what you have done is right on. I think the idea of adding the stainless trim and skirts is a good one. But where did you score those exhaust tips...?

5. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Thanks! The tips come from the classifieds on the HAMB he is reproducing them. Sorry I can't remember his name?

6. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Thanks, I love the Hydro but having so many issues with the adjustments is why I am considering the OD. I don't know what gears mine has now but had it running 60 yesterday for about 30 miles and wouldn't have wanted to push the current weak motor much more.

7. redzoro

redzoro
    from Elkton fl

Beautiful old Pontiac ... Makes me wish I had kept the 56 post I use to have , hard top much better

8. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Update: leaving the Hydo in the car. New 316 is going in now. It was time, the 287 had 2" on sludge in the pan with different colored layers:eek: also in the valley had to dig to find the lifters! Previous owners didn't take very good care of the motor. Can't wait to get it back on the road!

9. Cool...316 is a bolt-in but 389s are more funner! Slap an afb/Edlebrock on that 316 and it'll really wake up. I have a factory 4 barrel intake [1957] that will take the 287/316 generator bracket and an afb bolts to it. I'll send it to you for shipping if you want it. It's heavy!

10. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Thanks Rocky, Might take you up on that. But for now since I chromed the orig 2bbl oil bath, I think I am going to leave it. Plus the Hydro linkage would be a nightmare.

11. hotrodv1965

hotrodv1965
    from Indiana

Absolutely loving this car man!

12. tastylittlebox

tastylittlebox
    from Missouri

You need to lose those bumpers. And grill. And dash. And quarters. My shoebox wants them for its 65th birthday ;) Beautiful ride. Very tasteful.

13. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

New 316 is in and it runs great! Can't find my recent pics though.

14. Jay71

Jay71

Oh man what a tease! Great looking car.

15. bondolero

bondolero

Can't go wrong with starting with a decent resto car. Drive and enjoy while you make the changes and enhancements. Has always worked for me and always ends up cheaper than starting with a basket case project someone has given up on.
    Beautiful and different.
    Larry

16. 50 customcoupe

50 customcoupe

Your Pontiac looks great, love the stance...

17. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

18. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Finally took some pics since under the hood is done.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]