Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects B is for Build - Olds Powered 34

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Speedy Canuck, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Now that's just the way I likes'm!

"I need my mirror boy"

Speedy Canuck likes this.
  2. loudbang

loudbang

I may have missed it but what are the paint plans. Frame and body same color or frame one color and body another?

3. Anderson

Anderson

Looks killer Speedy!

Speedy Canuck likes this.
  4. Neil has done some really great work with this heap. It's much straighter and way more solid than what I brought him in. Now it's up to me to finish it o_O
    I'm going to be pretty hard pressed to hit the LSRU this year. I'm facing a house purchase in the near future which is going to cut into my fun money for a while. But I am hoping to have it in paint, rolling and under power by this August.
    Who knows, maybe LSRU 2016? :)
    Thanks! The hydro helps keep the front end nailed down. haha
    Thanks King Ford. I still have the 60. Spent the rewiring it and plumbing all new brakes. I am still working out a charging issue, and the reliability isn't there right now. With a limited weather window to tow home on an open trailer, I needed to borrow my buddy's truck for the trip.
    Thanks Kelly! The front is going to drop a touch when the 5.50 front tires go on, and I might take a leaf out of the rear to soften things up and bring the tires up into the wheel wells a bit more. We'll see.

5. Plans call for frame and body to both be painted the same colour. I'm going to play around with the 1937 Washington Blue colour and possibly lighten it up a touch. Firewall and interior accents will be a cream white. Black chassis components (spindles, wishbones, backing plates, etc.) Front axle might get some highlighting. Mostly as cast pieces for the motor (valve covers, intake, starter cross over, etc.)
    Thanks Eric! Much appreciated.

6. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

I dig the colour scheme AJ, should look pretty sweet

7. rob bob

rob bob
    from Canyon TX

Looking good keep it up!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. loudbang

loudbang

Good deal I was hoping you would say that. Just something about the side view screams for same color on both.

9. About the only thing I haven't decided on, is if the block will be the same colour as the body. Not quite sure if the block, body and frame being the same colour will be over kill or not.

10. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

Go Cream or Black on the block. Black would probably be the best choice, with the cream firewall, plus black will look better longer
    Are you running a hood and sides? just a hood, or open?

11. I was originally planning on running a hood and sides. But I'm being swayed away from that. A hood and sides just makes me want fenders, and that's not happening with this one.
    I'm going to veto a cream coloured block. I love how they look, but I hate what they look like when they get dirty. I want to drive this twice as often as I clean it. haha
    A black block would fit well with the black chassis components. Hmm...

ynottayblock likes this.
  12. Love this truck! Stance is very nice, exhaust is just great. Your work is really paying off! Makes me want to build a truck next. LOL! Mikey.

Runnin shine likes this.
  13. loudbang

loudbang

for sure a different color block would be good give it a bit of contrast.

14. Bump for chromed headlight mounts .... non chromed Vise Grips just wouldn't do it for me. :) Lookin' good.

15. Jeff34

Jeff34

Very nice work Speedy! Can I get contact info on Ace Radiator? My '34 PU radiator needs work, and they seem like they might be able to help.
    Love the stance of the truck. Mine has a similar tire stagger, but has stock ride height at the moment. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1440969682.016271.jpg

16. haha thanks. The headlight stand will be chrome for sure, along with the spring perches and one or two other pieces. But mostly, this truck will be understated.

17. Hi Jeff. Nice looking 34! Love these trucks with full fenders.

I'm not sure where you're based out of, but Ace Radiator is out of London, Ontario.
    A C E Radiator
    1064 Hargrieve Rd, London, ON N6E 1P6, Canada
    +1 519-686-8382

18. I don't have any updates for this thread. The truck is sitting pretty much as it was when I brought it home last fall. I bought a new house and moved in March, and between moving and renovations on the house, I just haven't had time to touch the truck yet. Plan is to get back on it this winter in the new garage once things slow down. I'd like to get driving it one of these days.

36 ROKIT and Martin_F like this.