Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods What's Your Favorite Thread on The HAMB?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by TGallaher, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Drag cars in motion, for me!

2. deto

deto

"The eye" was my favorite but I think I loved it too much and killed it.

3. loudbang

loudbang

The Junior Stocker thread. Or The bucket of ugly! A de-uglifying thread. And too many more to count.

4. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

5. buikwag

buikwag
    1. Buick Nailheads

6. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

And here I thought I was the only "saver." My favorite thread by far.

7. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

For me, it's got to be the Eastwood and Barakat thread, 'cause being able to just sit and talk with guys the I have looked up to for about 30-35 years is like magic! Beyond that, I haven't seen the the "Truly Traditional Chassis" thread in a bit, and that one always gets me too. or the "Black on black on black" thread. Funniest one ever was the rescue of submerged shoreline tin involving the use of a hippo shaped paddle boat... I just giggled like an idiot even writing that.

Most fun personally? I have been diggin' on my "Bucket of Ugly" thread and what you guys have made of it, and the friends I have made because of it! I promise as soon as business slows a bit I'll get back to working instead of just driving it. Soon my friends, soon

3wLarry and Special Ed like this.
  8. Ford52PU

Ford52PU
    from PA

I like all the posts from C9. Sure miss him and those posts.

9. 26T

26T
    from Denver

Engines set back mild to wild

Drag roasters thread

10. 41plym

41plym

farmer12's 1941 Plymouth build thread. But then again I'm kinda fond of 1941 Plymouths.

11. Bob I am surprised! Would have thought yours would be "How to put out an Electrical Fire":rolleyes:

3wLarry likes this.
  12. atomickustom

atomickustom

The Photoshop thread to end all photoshop threads totally rocks! It's the one I always seek out.

13. flux capacitor

flux capacitor

For me it's "If I had a time machine......." Some super funny stuff on this thread! I gotta go with traveling back to the 50's .... Then smash the time machine! I'm born / a couple decades too late, man if I could've been a teenager then!

14. I do enjoy the travel threads from Bobbleed, Povertyflats, Hotrodladycruiser, BobK, and a ton of others.

15. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Brian Bass wrote a good one on crossing the country in his Hemi powered model A.
    I also like a lot of the build threads.

16. After giving it a lot of thought since this thread keeps popping back up,I suppose my favorite thread has to be Quain Stott's Gene (Moonlighter) Cromer's A/G Willys Resurrection thread.

The reasons are many,first and foremost is Gene Cromer was my childhood hero and lived just a few block away from where I was raised and he and his entire family are great people.

I didn't know Quain from Adam's house cat when this project got started but he like me admired Gene Cromer & The Moonlighter since childhood and he had the credentials and the credibility to talk Gene into letting him head up a team of friends,acquaintances and even people that had never heard the story of the Moonlighter in the restoration...and how so many members here have been involved.

I am fortunate to count Quain among my many friends that I met through helping with the Moonlighter project.

Not to get too involved but I remember watching Gene pull the front wheels of the ground when I was 13 years old,never did I ever dream I would see the same man,in the same car doing the same thing 50 years later. HRP

elgringo71 likes this.
  17. Saxon

Saxon
    from MN

18. Goes without saying... also miss C9's (Jay) stories... Rest in Peace knowing that they touched so many lives in a positive way.

Saxman and Saxon like this.
  19. drumyn29

drumyn29

studebaker eric likes this.
  20. 55Belairman

55Belairman

Friday Art Show for me. Lot's of great talent there each week.

JOYFLEA likes this.
  21. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

I miss all the old guys and gals that left when the new format started, "old meaning long time HAMBERS

22. Donut Dave

Donut Dave

Incredible welds

23. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Some favorites have come and gone and resurfaced again out of the blue, but one of my favorites that just keeps chugging along is the "vintage shots from days gone by" thread.

Hamtown Al likes this.
  24. rfraze

rfraze

296 4.jpg
    Another vote for Drag Cars in Motion

25. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

To many to list. Always new content popping up with caliber equal to one another. I just have to say thanks to all who contribute to make this site what it is...An ever evolving force of automotive history, innovation and lifestyles.

Last edited: May 15, 2016
  26. 1964countrysedan

1964countrysedan
    from Texas

And other nonsense threads that get me in trouble when I bump.
    Xoxo.

There are far too many fantastic reads to choose one, or even a hundred favorites.

27. blazedogs

blazedogs

Anything Tech related Always having issues with different builds Many knowledgable people on the Hamb Sight.... Gene

28. I can't decide between the plastic hippo thread or the thread where the chick came on here and within her first few posts got into a pissing match with porknbeaner and when she lost she called him a fag. WTF?

Seriously though, there are so many great threads, I couldn't choose a favorite. Keeps me coming back every day!

Saxon likes this.
  29. choptop40

choptop40