Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1955 belAir 2door sedan

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by 61art, Oct 25, 2014.

?

What city do you live in?

Poll closed Dec 13, 2014.
  1. Nampa

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Nampa

100.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. 61art

61art

i post this build thread and cannot locate it for an update. So here it is again, with pics. Fianally got rockers welded in and finishing all metal work. Such as floor pans, trunk, and fire wall. The first pic is when I got it. The people who had it before me kept taking it apart. And I did some finish work on the floor before getting it blasted. Then cam the dredded rockers. If you ever do a rocker for someone charge them $1000. Because they're not easy. No matter what anyone tells you. Still trying to figure out what to do with the fire wall? I may chop it out and make a new streamline fit.
    CHEERS image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

turboroadster likes this.
  2. squirrel

squirrel

3. Looks like your making good progress. HRP

4. Your fortunate to have a car that good to start with. Good luck, keep us up to date. Tim

5. wedjim

wedjim
    from Kissimmee

That for looks rock solid, great one to work with for sure!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. carpok

carpok
    from Indy

Looks like a real solid car good luck with the project. What's wrong with the firewall?
    What direction are you headed with the car? Ron

7. 61art

61art

I think I'm just gonna smooth out the firewall. Someone beat on it like they put a big block in it. I was gonna put the orig. 265 with a 4speed in it. But now I may put 350 with 400 turbo. It has the orig. posi rear differential. So everything is still up in the air now. Just gonna finish metal work and get it into primer, paint the underside red oxide and get it back on the frame.

8. yruhot

yruhot

Looks great so far, love those tri-fives chevys. My sickness. Should be great no matter which direction you go. My 55 was a totalled car done in by a drunk driver so I went with the gasser theme and have never looked back. It was hit so had I'm just glad I can get the doors to latch. Straightened out the roof and a posts with a back hoe. Turned out great. I just couldn't let it go to the slammer so I built a fun car. Yes I get crap from the purist but I get more thunbs up from everyone else. Good luck on the rest of the build and enjoy the experience. Take lots of photos of your progress, you will be amazed to look back some day and see how far you have come on her.. Later YRUHOT.............Doug

9. 61art

61art

10. 61art

61art

Another update.

Attached Files:

11. 61art

61art

Last update for 2014. Happy New Year.

Attached Files:

12. 55 post cars are so tuff lookin'! Yep, that looks like big block hammering on the firewall!
    Did you roll another frame under it? The one in the beginning of the thread looked a lot rustier

13. 61art

61art

Same frame. It was all sandblasted and painted with chassis black.

14. Bajita

Bajita
    from Laredo

Great job. Thanks for giving the 60 year old car new life. Love those 55's.
    And also. Happy New Year 2015. Greetings from Laredo, Texas.

15. 61art

61art