Register now to get rid of these ads!

Problems uploading from my PC.

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Nov 21, 2014.

1. I am doing the exact same thing I have been doing to upload photos from my computer but in the last few days I keep getting this message.

The following error occurred
    There was a problem uploading your file.

I have no problem uploading to Photobucket or coping and pasting photos...just uploading to the site.

I've cleared cookies,I've logged off and back on,still the same problem. HRP

2. This seems to be a fairly common issue from time to time here, and I suppose it could be an issue with the site. But I'm going to fall back on my standard suggestions if you want to do a little experimenting.

If you're uploading full sized images, you might try downsizing them first. 1600x1200 or 800x600 pixels is usually big enough for web display.

What sort of internet connection do you have? Dial up? DSL? Cable? Fiber optic? What browser are you using? Is it the most current version? If you only use Internet Explorer for instance, consider trying Firefox or Safari. Certain browsers seem to do some tasks better than others.

3. I am using the smaller image size ,I have DSL and using the newest version of Firefox. HRP

4. Well it sounds like you're trying to do the right things. Like I said, it could be a site issue, or maybe there's a bottleneck with your service provider. Maybe contact them and see if they've had similar complaints about uploading photos.

Firefox usually works pretty well for me but I don't use it for my main browser. Maybe try IE, Safari, or Seamonkey, which is an earlier very basic version of Firefox. Google Chrome seems to get a lot of praise but due to its appearance I've never used it to any great extent.