Register now to get rid of these ads!

History A Montanan Machine

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by J.Ukrop, Nov 21, 2014.

1. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

J.Ukrop submitted a new blog post:

A Montanan Machine

[​IMG]

Continue reading the Original Blog Post

ynottayblock likes this.
  2. Yikes ! Gives full meaning to "riding by the seat of your pants"!! Big smile on his face, ay ? Cool rooster tailing truckster post, man !

3. typo41

typo41
    Member Emeritus

2005 cover.jpg Montanans are builders of speed, it must be the cold long winters. In our group of land speed, the Montana Boys are notorious for thier Dodge Fast 4 powered roadster. For me it wasGeorge Campbell from Big Tree Montana that build the Salt Circus roadster with a powerful 302 GMC, that we now own

Montana1 likes this.
  4. Too cruel.

5. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Don't forget the Salt Cat Buick guys also from Montana.

6. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

That is a really neat truck. I even like the rear fenders, which is rare for me to say about those bobbed style fenders.

7. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

And the Burkland Family out of Great Falls... One time holder of the piston driven land speed record at over 400 mph.

sodbuster likes this.
  8. Cool truck and story, thanks!

9. drumyn29

drumyn29

My lineage runs deep through montana!
    I would love to find my dads 4 door 57 chevy that he used to street race. It had a corvette motor and baby moons.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  10. flamingokid

flamingokid

If you plan wisely,you don't need that much money to build something fast.Ingenuity and solid planning go a long way.

11. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

Any one know what happened to the truck? Maybe it's still in Montana. It should be in my garage. Years ago I bought a jeep built by Cal Willamson,it was built with a purpose in mind and built extremely well. Cal just lived around the corner from my parents home

12. Heck, I was born in Lewiston Montana - been a hotrodder since I could spell 'car' . . . guess we have it in our blood! :)

13. geoford41

geoford41
    from Delaware

One of my first memories of a Hot Rod Truck was a channeled un-chopped 1934 Ford Pickup built & raced by Dick Scerbo in Denville NJ around 1963, first powered by a nail head Buick and then a 327 6 -2's 4 speed nasty 55-57 fender well headers (white of course) a real red hot rod raced at Island Drags in Great meadows NJ Its still around NJ but in a friends garage, Love to see that back on the street

14. Go Montana GO! Cool story and a great place to grow up, live, and visit.

15. hugh m

hugh m
    from ct.

16. autobilly

autobilly

Well, you know what "they" say about mountain men?

17. Neat truck. Windscreen looks about same height as mine.
    Neighbors brother has just married a Montana girl. She's a great gal, and loves my little Hudson truck.

18. We met George and his friend Hank in Caledonia, Mo. back in the early 90's at one of my favorite carshows. Then we went to Bonneville the next year to watch them run.
    I always wondered what happened to his "Salt Circus". TR