Register now to get rid of these ads!

There was a problem uploading your file???

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by Pewsplace, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

I receive this error message on most of my uploads but I can come back in a few minutes and they work find. I must be doing something wrong. Has anyone had this problem?

2. Just had it happen today. Uploaded a pic to one thread, no problem. Tried another on different thread a few minutes later and got the same message as you. Not operator error.....

3. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Ryan said he's chasing gremlins

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

I had to resize some pictures that I thought were OK size wise? Once resized they uploaded.

5. I have had this happen. I now resize all my pics to 600 x 450 and it seems to have fixed the issue

6. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

I have mine sized correctly as some go and some don't. This just started a week or so ago.
    This photo wouldn't load on the Chopped 3 window thread but worked fine right now. !@#$%^&*

photo.jpg

7. I've had the same problem....sometimes it works, usually not.

8. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Had the same problem myself.

9. Somebody give this man a Gold Star out of petty cash! ;)

640x480 or 800 x600 pixels, or there abouts, is usually plenty big enough to display well in the threads here. And your pics will upload faster and the pages will open quicker too! For size comparison sake, the pic just below your original post is 640 x 480. :cool:

10. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Thanks, all of mine are 640x480 Medium. The problem still exist even if I upload one at a time or multiples. I will resize them smaller and see if they load.
    DSC_2083_HDR.jpg

11. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Does anyone have a solution for this problem? Am I doing something wrong? I just had the same problem, waited 10 minutes tried again and loaded fine. @#$%^%

12. Do you have a current up to date browser? It seems most problems that come up are browser related especially when guys haven't updated to the current edition of whatever they are using.

13. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

I am a MAC user, have the latest ISO8 installed, updates are current and the problem continues. I am sure I am doing something wrong. Thanks for your suggestion. I will keep trying new things.
    Lynn

14. loudbang

loudbang

I have been having the same problem and I use the "Drag and drop" option and it works all the time. Find your photo on your computer and reduce the size to small so you can see the hamb behind it. Click on the photo and keep the mouse button depressed and drag the photo into you post or reply and the HAMB will turn a greyish color release the mouse button and look at the HAMB and you should see it start to upload. When it's 100% done and you can see the tiny photo of it just click thumbnail or large size and finish the post or add more the same way.

15. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

Thanks, I will give that a try. I do that on my web site but upload a file has always worked since Ryan installed it….oh well!