Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods New switch panels from NVU in progress...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by marks914, Oct 17, 2014.

1. marks914

marks914
    Alliance Vendor

Hi HAMBers been a while, been busy!

We were working on a movie project this summer and produced some panels and switch props for this particular film that will be pretty big in 2016. This project along with some feedback from customers have led us down this path to start building mock-ups of a new switch panel product line.

We wanted something clean that was flexible in use and easy to install. The current panel designs are DIN-sized but we can do any size, looking for input on how many switches, sizes.ect. The call outs on each toggle are user installed; we plan to include a sheet of icons/graphics with each panel so you can decide what goes where. The call outs and top overlay are a textured polycarbonate that is printed on the back side so its virtually un-scratch able and UV resistant. Several styles of graphics will be available. Toggles will be 15A, ON-OFF and momentary ON-OFF- momentary On for things like airbags, windows, whatever.

As far as call outs and icons go any feedback on what else we might need? We have the standard Power, ignition, lights, etc. but anything that we may have forgotten please let us know. Maybe air suspension panels or other specialty packages?

Not that this applies to HAMBers, but the graphics are backlit if needed for easy viewing at night. We have white, blue, green and red lighting. Not traditional in that sense but you don’t have to run the bulbs if you don’t want to.

Thanks for the input. Here are some pics

NVU

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I sure like them. Very aviation-ish. RE the lighting, not too bright please. Or dim-able? I have a certain popular brand A/C panel that I just hate (Vintage Air). The lights are so bright you almost have to tape them over a night - all the while there is NO illumination on, or indicators of, just what each knob does or their various settings. But I know you guys do a lot better than VA already! Gary

3. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

those would have looked good in the cockpit of my old coupe

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. marks914

marks914
    Alliance Vendor

Thanks guys.
    Gary, if you want to dim LEDs just install a resistor in the power lead for the lights, start with 100 ohm and keep adding until you are happy.

If anyone has suggestions on what inserts to offer that would be helpful, we will start production in a couple of weeks and would liek to have as many options available

Thanks

5. Badass....beat me to it on the resistor post. Sweet setup......appears to be able to respond to dress ups....yes ? Those knuckle guards...standard u bolt style with nuts on the back ?

6. Or add in a potentiometer to dial it down at night and turn it up in the daylight??

loudbang likes this.
  7. marks914

marks914
    Alliance Vendor

We are still finalizing the attachment style on the toggle guards. They are currently bent Aluminum tubing or rod with an expansion screw or rivet that swells the metal and holds it in place. The u-boly style would be easier but then the part would be able to be pushed through the panel. It will mosts likely be the rivet style as that is the quickest and most reliable. Uising the expansion screw can sometimnes twist one of the legs and make the guard look out of alignment

thanks

8. marks914

marks914
    Alliance Vendor

Hi All just released part numbers this week all info on our site. As always we can custom build to size and graphics.
    Thanks

9. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

N I C E !!! Gary