Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Need help identifying model A frame from speedway

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kustom Fabricator, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Kustom Fabricator

Kustom Fabricator

2. My understanding is that Speedway's in house engineers came up with that design. I've noticed that it has been discontinued maybe lack of sales? design flaws? engineering concerns? availability? who knows..

3. If you don't mind a HUGE tunnel running the length of the car and the rear axle mounted above the frame rails and the engine riding with the heads even with the cowl and............ well I think you know what I mean.

Max Gearhead likes this.
  4. Are you sayin, this could be a 'gasp' a ratrod frame?:eek:..yeah maybe. I think speedway was maybe tryin to make a buck off the craze and it backfired.

5. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

I seem to remember JW Rod Garage having one those chassis at a show I went to one time.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. Its what SPEEDWAY called their ratrod frame , saw this in the catalog a year or so ago.

7. Muttley

Muttley

Anyone who would actively promote that term/style isn't someone I'd want to do business with.

Hotrodmyk likes this.
  8. Mo rust

Mo rust

A local rod shop makes those frame rails for Speedway. www.hotshoehotrods.com/

9. Kustom Fabricator

Kustom Fabricator

Thanks for the info! Just got off the phone with Chad Morley the owner. He is a wealth of information and a real friendly guy. Cant wait to do some business with him Check his website out, lots of frames from "A's" to 56 Fords.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]