Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 33 chevy 3w....time for a cool change

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by tb33anda3rd, Feb 11, 2014.

1. i squeezed in enough time to buff the trim rings.

Attached Files:

2. Nice work, headlights look great! I like the color.
    Tom

3. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

I used a Master dash insert with VDO gauges in my '35 Standard after I welded up the holes.
    007-001-1.jpg

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  4. thanks!

5. looks good!

6. headlights assembled; DSCF3435.JPG DSCF3436.JPG

volvobrynk likes this.
  7. They look good! :cool: How much for that 30 roadster?:rolleyes:

8. he has so many.....he probably wouldn't notice one gone.

9. It's about time something else got done! Maybe the taillights this time:rolleyes:

10. hah!
    bought some stuff for the car at Hershey; i picked up a "spare" wcfb for $55 it was frozen solid but i soaked it and i got everything moving. DSCF3495.JPG

11. Get going! Last time I had a ride in that coupe was 53 years ago:eek: You were not even born then:p I want another ride!:cool:

12. what's another 6 months?
    when i pull the engine i plan to rebuild the steering box so i hunted some parts, i first found a nos sector gear in a five dollar pile....but it is for a later,bigger box. then i found a nos in the box sector marked '33 chevy for $20. DSCF3497.JPG DSCF3496.JPG

13. You have to love Hershey! 6 MONTHS:eek:

14. i then found two wheels marked 33-36 chevy, one marked $35 the other $40. i asked the seller if he knew which was right for 33 mercury series. he did not know but said i could take both for $40 so i did. the wheels are both 17" diameter but one has an extra long hub. i think the long hub one is 37 pickup. DSCF3493.JPG DSCF3494.JPG

volvobrynk likes this.
  15. One looks like my roadster wheel. Next year in Hershey I'm looking for 28/29 Ford Hub Caps for my pickup:rolleyes:

16. then i found a whole steering box, mast and wheel marked '32 chevy 4dr for $150.it looked close but i wanted to compare it to one that was on a '33 chevy master on the field first, so i asked him what the best he would do if i came back. he said $50....not worth coming back for i bought it right then. so now i have a bunch of extra stuff. DSCF3498.JPG

volvobrynk likes this.
  17. i did not have any more?
    pictures?

18. F&J

F&J

Ted, do you know if the wrong sector fits a 38 Chev car? A long time CT rodder who is retired now in VA needs to fix his box on a 303 olds powered 38 coupe. I forget which piece he did locate in NOS, I thought it was the worm, not sure.

Your coupe looks good with those full wheel covers, I hope they stay

19. Hi Frank, good to hear from you. the five dollar pile i pulled the sector from had a bunch of chevy sectors the one i chose was the only one not marked and was different from the rest. there was a bunch for the later '30s, some of which used a "roller" sector. i have a '37 truck i am restoring right now in the shop and this sector looks about the right dimensions for it. do you know what style he has?
    the lancers will stay.

volvobrynk likes this.
  20. F&J

F&J

"do you know what style he has?"

No I don't, and I'd bet he has not pulled it out yet, as he just got it running better and driving it around rural VA. He said he would swap to a different box, if someone has info on that. He said he needs to avoid a cross steer because of his oil pan.

21. Sweetness! Might have to hit TROG and Hershey next year...looks like lots of good stuff.

Glad to see progress on this sweet little Chebby, Ted; keep up the good work!

22. Thanks Gary, i wish we had made more progress by now.
    DSCF2479.JPG DSCF2913.JPG DSCF3368.JPG DSCF3492.JPG pictures tell a tale of four seasons.
    yes Hershey is fun and next year i want to go to T.R.O.G.

ct1932ford, volvobrynk and blowby like this.
  23. ohhh and all 3 steering wheels i bought are 17" the one in my car is 16". when i was a kid i tried to bang the wheel off the car to fix the horn button and took a chip out of it. i don't mind using one of the bigger wheels, but i guess the smaller wheel was for the mercury series. does any one know?

24. midnightrider78

midnightrider78

That is a great looking old hot rod. I love all the history too. Can't wait to see more progress!

25. thanks, i can't wait for more progress either!
    i got derailed from the project by a few house projects........

Runnin shine likes this.
  26. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Those dang house projects! Always getting in the way of what's important. I've put off making concrete countertops for like three years now to work on the hot rod.

"I need my mirror boy"

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  27. ronnieroadster

ronnieroadster

The white walls are a lot cleaner so theres some progress :D

29. i hate cleaning white walls.......

30. Looking good. Kind of refreshing to see a place where the grass is actually green in the summer - not all burnt to Hades. One question though; what's all that white stuff on the grass in the first picture? :D

Such a pretty coupe...one of my favorite builds on the HAMB!