Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Ever see a Deuce on a ski slope??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Yes it does.

2. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Unrelated, but it reminds me of this shot:
    41 Ford-ski-photo.jpg

3. Wow, that's kinda' hot even today.......

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  4. fhc

fhc
    from KY

You could set a kettle on that booty...

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  5. xix32

xix32

The front pulley (wheel hub) is an ldler, used to wrap the rope around then back to the (rear)drive pulley, so the rope can wrap around the drive pulley twice for more traction without having to shafe against itself to slide from one side to the other during rotation. Old airplanes used a similar system on the elevator trim jack screw, except the idler pulley was spring loaded to help keep the cable tight on the drive pulley

6. I like the one at the tip of the hood.......ready for the ole' shoe mirrors.....and "hey look over there!" trick......

7. At least they did not call it a roadster......

8. There is a small ski hill near here that has a 48 to 50 F series big truck still running the rope tow. I will see if I can find any pictures. i had some but the are pre computer.

9. Roupe

Roupe

No multiplying of torque unless one set of pulleys is moving. Like lifting with a come along and the pulleys on the load end are moving. Two times around the rear driven pulley add traction as stated above.

tb33anda3rd likes this.