Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 29 Model A Coupe Build

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by GangGr33n, Oct 2, 2014.

1. GangGr33n

GangGr33n

A few weeks ago I was finally able to start my dream and build a Model A Coupe. I just got married and bought a house and somehow convinced my wife to let me build my dream (guess she is a keeper so far) I started off ordering a Riley's Auto swept and Z'd frame, I know there has been some issues on here with him but I can truly say Eric has been very helpful so far on my build. When ordering the frame I basically ordered it all set up as my new house and garage isnt 100% set up yet to start fabricating and welding. We went over the look and parts I planned on using and a few short weeks later my frame arrived My original plan was to get the frame to a complete roller and then start the hunt for the body but I did come across a very nice 29 that I could not pass up in Ohio. One thing I really wanted to do was powder coat most of my parts on this car if possible. I live less than 2 hours away from Eastwood and took a ride over there and picked up their kit with their Heat Lamp curing system for bigger parts.

Body arrived before the frame
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Frame
    [​IMG]

Powder coating the front axle (The powder coating im still learning but getting better every time)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Y-Block
    [​IMG]

More powder coating ("Chrome")
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hotrodmyk likes this.
  2. what type of fan mount is that? is it a truck motor?

3. 55zephyr

55zephyr

I'm eagerly watching this as it's similar to my project.
    Cheers, Ron.

4. GangGr33n

GangGr33n

Im not sure what it is out of, It was given to me from a friend. All we know is it sat out in a field for awhile. I started taking it apart and will be hot tanking it soon and seeing if the block is any good

5. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Nice start. LOVE your coupe's body! Gary

6. brady1929

brady1929

Great hot rod project.

7. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Looks like you have a plan and good start.. Anxious to see the body on a rolling chassis.. Oh yeah, 29 high boys on model frames are cool...

8. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

I think the backing plate looks just swell.

"Listen Mr... It ain't broke if I can't fix it"

9. GangGr33n

GangGr33n

Thanks guys, I am undecided if im going to leave it highboy or channel it. I know with this frame if I leave it on top of the frame the tire will line up with the wheel well line perfectly but I always imagine mine a little lower east coast style. The chrome powder is fine for me, the car is going to be built to drive so no need to get crazy and spend tons of money on chrome. I just got done powder coating the drums and Ill post a picture tomorrow