Register now to get rid of these ads!

why can't I see pictures

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by old round fart, Oct 1, 2014.

1. old round fart

old round fart
    from Norman Ok.

On some threads I see a square with IM in it. Can I see the pix somehow?

2. It's a crap shoot,if you click on the code every now and then a photo will show up but not often. HRP

3. Don't want to give bad advice....but I have to run updates on my browser software manually. The automatic updates sometimes don't pick up for the sites that I visit. Depending on your platform, and device....make sure you run your updates periodically yourself. My android phone picks them up better then the ole' computer....but the computer is my favored device for here. For my desktop pc, I'm running Mozilla Firefox and had to pick and choose stuff, for all of my picture display and viewing to work here on the HAMB. I hope it is that simple for you too. Good luck.

4. Paul

Paul
    Editor

the links were likely broken with the recent site reconfiguration.

5. If you can, try posting a link here to a page where you're not able to view images.

As mentioned already it may be an issue of where the images are hosted. Images hosted off-site, like on Photobucket or Flickr, seem to be viewable in most instances. Many images hosted on-site on the HAMB servers, prior to the site upgrade, have broken links that will hopefully be repaired with a future site update.

6. old round fart

old round fart
    from Norman Ok.

7. F&J

F&J

Those are picture links that are now not working due to the recent hamb changes, like what Paul said above.

I think those were put up as full size pics (from a Photobucket-type site) back then, and if that guy had used the small thumbnail pics instead, they would still work.

8. Paul

Paul
    Editor

Those were links to the users albums here on the HAMB. Click on the icon and you can see the name of the photo and the album it is in.

9. old round fart

old round fart
    from Norman Ok.

Still can't see it. Can Ryan fix the problem? I saw the pix before and now I'm ready to do it and need the reminder! I'm old! LOL

10. The thread you are referring to is a causality of the new update,sadly Ryan can't fix the lost photos but the OP ( Buddy Palumbo) can go back and re-post all the missing photos if he wants to take the time. HRP

11. old round fart

old round fart
    from Norman Ok.

I found that so I guess that will have to do. Thanks for the help. John