Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features The Jewel... Again...

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Ryan, Sep 29, 2014.

1. seatex

seatex

MmmmmmHmmmmm.............bee-uti-full car. Great shot, is that the old Fischer Dance Hall?

BLAKE likes this.
  2. The Jewel looked awesome at Pimlico!

3. krupanut

krupanut

And that's not the only car Reggie rescued from that mess.

BLAKE likes this.
  4. Great car, I really really love the upholstery!

5. BLAKE

BLAKE

YEP - Fischer Hall

6. flamingokid

flamingokid

7. Tuck

Tuck
    Tech Editor
    from MINNESOTA
    1. Early Hemi Tech

I love this car- the proportions are right on... and the color... and the interior... moon and stars aligned.

8. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

The car with a few of The Usual Suspects. DSC_2667.jpg DSC_2671.jpg DSC_2673.jpg

beatnikontinental likes this.
  9. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

10. seatex

seatex

Dang, guess some memory cells have begun to return after giving up the "high test", and sticking with "regular"!:confused:
    Thanks, Sr. Abogado!

11. seatex

seatex

12. Danekejt

Danekejt
    from Pa

My wife and I saw this car over the weekend. One beautiful piece of art. Thanks for bring it to the show.

13. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

14. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

ooooh. film. that pic makes me wish i could live more than one lifetime so i could take a few decades to get good at taking pictures.

15. Why do the hubcaps stick out so far?

16. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

What do you mean? They are Merc caps...

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

17. The front hubcap looks like it sticks out too far. My eyes are drawn to it.

18. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

The "guy" in question opened up another shop here in SA he's back to building and putting peoples lives in danger.. Anyways glad the car is doing great.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  19. autobilly

autobilly

(Not so simply) Superb!

20. Great story! It was even better seeing it in person at the Revival. And that paint sure does change....from the garage at the Marriott to under the sun at the show....Jewel is a damn perfect name for the car!

21. Man oh man - a big thanks to Ryan for the killer post and amazing photoshoot of The Jewel. I'm glad to have the whole journey of the car featured on The Jalopy Journal. This car has been really special to me and lots of my close friends over the years. Its what this whole hot rodding thing is all about. I'm grateful to everyone who came together to put this one over the top. My pal Joe for getting the whole thing going and persevering, El Jefe, Reggie and Raymond for not giving up and getting it rolling right again. Joyo, Kail, Keith, Rocco and the whole gang at the Austin Speed Shop - for righting the wrongs - remaking and restyling The Jewel into the killer car it was meant to be - Tuki and his dad for making the Jewel shine with that killer color, and Cato and Brent for stitching up and finishing off the car inside and out in style.

The road trip to to Baltimore was the first big road trip I've done with the car - and it drove like a champ - had such a blast rolling it out to the East coast with El Jefe for that great Rodders Journal show, and meeting new folks out there. The Jewel and I will be back for the Jalopyrama show at the end of the month, so maybe I'll meet some of you folks out there - or on the roads back to Austin.

I really appreciate all the kind comments on here and in person - thanks y'all...

IMG_4380.JPG