Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who cares about the '14 Revolution?

Discussion in 'Hot Rod Revolution' started by 46stude, Aug 10, 2014.

1. 46stude

46stude

OK, almost mid August. Weather screwed us out of the '13 show. Traditionally speaking, the Revolution date isn't announced 'til around or after the HAMB Drags. That's 6 days or so away as I type.

Soooooo, who cares about the '14 show? I do! Tired of seeing new threads posted in this section, only to click & find out lots of folks have no idea that they're posting about some show that don't belong in here. REVOLUTION, man. Gettin' antsy for a 2014 date.....

2. Ddooce

Ddooce
    from Memphis Tn

I am waiting patiently for the date. Not antsy just respectfully eager.

3. 36tbird

36tbird

Had my entry to go to last year's for the first time. Being just down the road with a heater in my '36, I was ready for the forecast frosty weather. But alas, it was really crappy up north so could have been real trouble for stalwart attendees coming from that direction. Anyway, yes, yes, yes, when and where is it this year?

Fifty3Lincoln likes this.
  4. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

5. 46stude

46stude

6. Last year at Gruene Hall for the Revolution!….yeah, it was a bit chilly.
    [​IMG]

7. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

We met w/ the powers at the top of the chain in the City of Austin and got a green light to use a spectacular venue on the east side of Austin where we have held other car shows in the past. Its a killer location, we've just gotta gets the date sorted. The only problem we found w/ Nov 1 mentioned above by the boss, is that the F-1 weekend in Austin and hotel rooms are hard to find and they totally bend you over rate wise.....its ridiculous. So we are looking at a couple of other possibilities in November or even possibly late October when the gouging does not take place. The venue's gonna be great, just need to nail down the date. Stay tuned.

8. please not Oct. 18th... our (H-town) best local show is that weekend with Mr. Dale Watson performing... can't miss that and don't want to miss the Revolution either...

9. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

It won't be that early in October. Don't worry bout that. That's too close to Day of the Drags weekend which is Oct 10 & 11.....we need some time to reload. Most likely in Nov.

olskoolrodder likes this.
  10. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I knew you would come through, Ryan, even with the shit you have experienced this year. From his description, your Dad reminds me of my Dad(1916-1991), both being car guys. We will never forget them, but the rocking chair memories will be with us forever.

11. Nov 1st. Nice

12. Brian, Read El Jefe's post... most likely not Nov.1 due to F1 the following day and hotel prices etc..

13. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Jeff, we must have vis
    Jeff, we must have visited the same bars because I too have AADD. Maybe we can get together at the REVOLUTION and pop a top. I drive a red '32 Highboy with steelies and A/C.

14. 46stude

46stude

I believe we met at the '12 Revolution. Recall meeting a guy from Rockport?
    I'll be at the show in a beater '62 Thunderbird. Obviously its not gonna be in the show. ;)

ThunderRocket likes this.
  15. Hope to make it......any updates on dates?

16. travisfromkansas

travisfromkansas

If I can make the trip down from KS to do coverage I'll be there. I really enjoyed the 2 Texas based Revolutions that I was able to get to.

17. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, my memory disappeared along with my hair so I barely remember '12, but I will look for a '62 'Bird in the parking lot.

18. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

When do we register, and how ?

19. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

I held off as long as possible but finally had to commit to a family trip Nov 8th. My fingers are crossed!

20. Garry Carter

Garry Carter

D'bear: Think you'll be OK. I can't imagine the Revolution conflicting with Pistons & Paint

21. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

It would be so awesome to have the Revolution at the Pearl Brewery in San Antonio. Maybe an option one day? Anyways I'm trying to finish my roadster

22. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Good to hear it won't be on October 18th.. I would have hated to tell my friend that being the second best man wasn't as important as making this show. :D

November 15th, pretty please?

Anderson and travisfromkansas like this.
  23. 46stude

46stude

The suspense is killing me. lol

24. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Ugg No, that's Dia De Los Strugglers in Austin.

25. 46stude

46stude

4th annual? Hell, I ain't never heard of the 1st three.

olskoolrodder likes this.
  26. TexasSpeed

TexasSpeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Texas

Excuse me for not being up to par with local Austin shindigs.. :eek:

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

27. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

We had a date set this morning... November 15... and then I just noticed the Strugglers thing. We don't want to mess up their date, so we are looking into the 22nd now.

28. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Of all the places I know to look, the 22nd is very clear at this point.

29. Festival Beach Park????