Register now to get rid of these ads!

Just a poor white kid from Kansas here!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by LaneSutterby, Sep 18, 2014.

1. LaneSutterby

LaneSutterby

Hi guys, I'm Lane, I'm 17, a senior in high school, and I have a 1971 Chevy C-10 pickup, long&wide box, 2wd, with a 250 I-6 and New Process NP435 4-speed.

I joined this board wondering if any of you could help me out with it; it isn't running right, and I don't know much about it, I'm more of a Cummins diesel guy.

It surges when under throttle around 50-55 MPH, and it did it a while back, but I rebuilt the Rochester Monojet already. It helped, but now it's doing it again. Any ideas? Also, it's getting a lot (I mean a LOT) of oil mixed with antifreeze up in the breather, and I know the rings on either cylinder #1 or #2 are bad, it had a compression of 90 versus 150 in the rest, but I'm stumped. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1411092448.312924.jpg

Also, if any of you have a cheap 350 or 327 for sale, as well as either an NV4500 or possibly a TH350 with a ratchet shifter for the floor, let me know. I can't create a thread under an actual topic board yet, they haven't given me the permission, but send me a message if you can help me out!

Just a poor white farm kid...

2. Lane, welcome from Kansas City. Sounds like you have some challenges to tackle! You may find www.67-72chevytrucks.com a great place to visit, they are specifically and only about 67-72's.

LaneSutterby likes this.
  3. LaneSutterby

LaneSutterby

I created a profile on there a long time ago lol but it seems not many can answer some of my questions.

Just a poor white farm kid...