Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Picture of bobwop Drag Racing

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hdonlybob, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Probably been posted here before, but I was looking for '63 Chevy shock info on the internet scanning pictures and found this one bobwop dragging Chevy 63.jpg of our own bobwop.....
    One of the few times I have seen him looking quiet !!! LOL

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  2. Awesome pic, he needs a little more ballast on the driver side.

3. Technically, you're probably right. But I love seeing a car like this that's capable of hooking up like this! :D Great shot.

So are you saying that Bob needs to "bulk up" a little more? Maybe needs to go on a high-carbohydrate diet? o_O

4. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Great photo of a car really hooking up.

Jimbo

5. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

something about the suspension in those X-Frame cars makes them get all goofy like that. are those only 3 link? I had a 1960 where the upper link was ripped right out of the frame.and booger welded back in.

6. .....................and all this time we thought he was just a used car salesman.;):D

61 Fairlane and bobwop like this.
  7. Hey there Bob, that's a great action shot, just love it. Cheers, JW:D

8. Gotta love those X-frames!MIKE:eek::D

dagrove07043.jpg

9. Bob maybe you need to take the right fender off!:rolleyes: Cool shot!:cool:

10. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

thanks for the love

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  11. Great picture Bob, Good to see you again the other day!
    Bill

bobwop likes this.
  12. Roupe

Roupe

That is the definition of torque!

13. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

Faded Memories is powered by an all cast iron 409. Truck block actually. The big old car and this big old boy weigh in at 4000 lbs. Runs 10.50. 1.42 sixty foot times. All on a 9 inch wide tire. Due to lack of cubic inches, it doesn't mph very well...124-125. Calculates to be around 650 HP.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  14. Peter_H

Peter_H

Hey Mike ! I know this is off topic a little bit, but I saw a post on the site from about 5 yrs back where you helped a member identify a Hurst Shifter. Do you still have that old book that you got the info from? I'm trying to identify a mint Hurst 3 speed shifter as to what vehicles it will fit. It has two model numbers on the literature that came with the shifter. They are 413-6565 and 413-7635. I hope you can provide me with some info on the kit. I tried sending you a PM, but I can't figure out how to do it. Thanks!! Pete

15. Sorry, I don't think that was me, can't help with that. Maybe someone will see this and respond.-MIKE

16. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Peter-H : Not to butt in but , I'm thinking member Little Wing had a bunch of Hurst info and knowledge;he was posting awhile back.Bobwop : That 09 sure looks good comm'in outta the hole!

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  17. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Ha! I've fixed more of those rear upper control arms' than I can remember. Basically a good design, but should have been retro-fitted with a more solid base, especially with the optional 335 H.P. 348!
    Those Chevys sure got 'twisted' when coming out, didn't they?
    The big 421 Pontiacs used to 'stance' like that, too.

18. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

I must admit that this big Ol' Chevy is not the quickest in our group. But it puts on a great show and is always a fan favorite. The promoters request this slow poke over cars that will run two seconds faster...it is all about the show.

19. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Great pic. There's a whole lot going on in that photo.

20. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

shifting to second gear before the left front wheel comes back to earth