Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Help finding pickup bed in Montana

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by willowbilly3, Sep 19, 2014.

1. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

Thur. Sep. 18. I had the misfortune of loosing the bed from the 35 Ford pickup I was hauling. It had the doors, rear fenders and some other parts. Lost somewhere around Ekalaka or maybe Baker. Possibly even toward Marmot ND. If you hear of anything, please pm me.

2. lewk

lewk
    from Mt

Did it fall off a trailer or get stolen or...?

3. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

Not sure, stopped to take a piss and it wasn't there. Pretty sure it wasn't stolen, presuming the strap came loose and it slid off somewhere.

4. oldolds

oldolds

Whoops! I hope it didn't become the hood ornament of a Peterbuilt!

5. Southfork

Southfork

GEEZ, that's a nightmare of mine. I've driven that road a few times, however, and I doubt any locals coming upon that bed is going to covet it. Best bet would be to contact both the Montana Highway Dept and the State Police in that area. Somebody probably contacted one or the other of them to get that "scrap" off the roadway. It would be a LONG drive to a metal recycler, so doubt any individual would want to take it home with them.

Personally, I like that kind of scrap and have some of it stashed near Marmoth ND.

6. willowbilly3

willowbilly3
    Member Emeritus
    from Sturgis

Yup, already covered both of those bases. Actually left a message with the answering machine at the highway shop. They called at 3 and told me where it was. About 3 miles past where we stopped looking and turned around. 220 mile round trip to go retrieve the stuff. It was a beautiful drive home, with all the fall colors and low light angle. I got to watch some elk skylined right before sunset. Awesome big country up there.

7. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Tough break to lose it...but as good an outcome as one could hope for under the circumstances.
    Best wishes!

Ray

8. Good happy ending. JW

9. jetnow1

jetnow1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from CT
    1. A-D Truckers

Lucky it did not happen here- they would have given you a very expensive ticket for failure to
    secure your load and it would not have been there when you got there. Glad it worked out for
    you.