Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects OK, level with me Traditional H.A.M.B.'ers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Metaltwister, Sep 8, 2014.

1. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

First of all I would hesitate at calling any of these guys wiser :D

Next, build it the way you want it, traditional or otherwise and if you have a time issue, hire some help.
    Get it on the road the way you want it and drive the wheels off it.

You haven't owned it all these years for nothing :)

2. You'd be safer at wise ass I guess.

3. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

Amen Brother!

4. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

Hey my wife says I'm wise...Or at least I think thats what she said...Wiseass, that means wise, right? Right??

5. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

So I went on a big trek last night back tracking where I pigeon holed everything over the years... It was like opening up a time capsule that had been buried for 40 years. I still have one more shed to go through but I did find the hood, rear fenders a bunch things that will eventually be needed like a 39 steering wheel, some old Cragar's I picked up for a different ride a while back, and bunch of small things that might work...
    Model A.jpg
    CIMG3421.JPG
    CIMG3422.JPG

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014
    beachbum jim likes this.
  6. CGkidd

CGkidd

Awesome. Can't wait to see the progress

7. Gary Addcox

Gary Addcox
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You have the "juices flowing" again, so get it running in order to enjoy it while you figure out the small shit. Whether it is paint, body work, wheels, etc., you are driving it as you master it, and DRIVING is what we do with our rides. Good luck, and stay in tune with the HAMB/Jalopy Journal. There is much knowledge to garner.

8. You know after reading this post I'm kinda thinking, do you have a son or grandson around? Take him by the collar and see if you can get him excited by the build and then you two build it the way you both agree to. Would remind you of days with dad............JMHO

Dick Stevens and cptn60 like this.
  9. Diggin this. And it is apparent to me that as you get more parts out and get started, the direction will become clear. Have fun!

10. Lol......yep, driving it by years end hopefully. Get it !

11. thirtytwo

thirtytwo

image.jpg I think turquoise looks good too

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  12. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

Go get the flathead back and take that Chevy to the dump

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

13. mike bowling

mike bowling

Bravo! Please post pictures when you can-I love watching another "A" being brought back to life! Mike

14. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

Will do keeping in mind its not going to be traditional in terms of the fifty's.

15. Have fun with it, that's your only requirement.

16. I agree... build it as you imagined it would be when you were younger.

Enjoy the build and experience driving it for the first time down the road!

Posted using Full box of Crayons on the Kitchen Walls App!

17. I'm 65 and have been working on my '29 AA since 1974 without getting it on the road, so I understand the frustration of responding to every other priority than finishing my project. I am taking the advice you have heard from others: Just get it on the road and enjoy it. Now, let's see which of us can cross the finish line first.

18. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

OK, but ya gotta throw up some pics of your ride so I can see what kind of pace I need to set! I wouldn't want to rush into anything too quickly ya know. LOL

19. BamaMav

BamaMav
    from Berry, AL

Lots of good advice here, some, well, be your own judge! :D My two cents, black the frame, red oxide primer the body, put on the Cragars, and drive the snot out of it while you decide how you want it finished! Once you start driving it, you might have so much fun you won't want to change anything......

20. Metaltwister

Metaltwister
    Member Emeritus

Model A 108.jpg Well I have been playing around with paint scheme as time allows. I'm going to run it in Primer for now but couldn't get excited about all black or all red so it is gong to be a two tone until I can work my way back to a good paint job. I was able to spend a few hours on this week in the evenings straightening out the electrical and being the body is coming off one more time I put all through the body wiring on a quick disconnect. I finally mounted the old steering wheel to the new tilt shaft and made a new center horn cover till I can find an original in good shape. I cant take the body off as yet as I have the lift dedicated to a non roller at the moment, But as soon as it gets freed up I all over it. Thanks again guys for the encouragement and confirming the direction I need to push forward with.
    [​IMG]

Markmonty and beachbum jim like this.
  21. Im digging the moon discs bob. Keep up the hard work!!!