Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Hell's Messenger

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Ryan, Sep 3, 2014.

1. uncle max

uncle max
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

SOMEONE better toot my horn about those cobbled together 97's.
    There, I said it.

2. Ryan, this is the best thread on the HAMB at this time. Bout time some of the people out there, woke up and voiced an opinion! Good or bad! Not everybody has to like every car here, but damn it all lets hear it for some "balls" to build what the imagination has brought forth. Look at those old lakes and Bonneville photos, of heavily chopped coupes, trying to cheat the wind, then chop them just as low, to honour their spirit today, then stuff it full of radical flathead power! That's what this is all about, rough around the edges, bad ass HOT RODS!

3. ELMER FUDD

ELMER FUDD

I think people like it!
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1410701897.884232.jpg

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. Hemiman 426

Hemiman 426
    from Tulsa, Ok.

any new info on the shirts??

5. A video of this thing running.... or even better rolling would sure be bad ass!!!

6. Driving from salt lake to Georgetown all night in the cold with Tim in our hot rod's was pure adventure. Riding shotgun up the hill with him Price Less. Then driving back home through the mountains and rain the rain was a great time. Thanks Tim, Chris, Woody, Milkweed, and every one else that made the journey it was a weekend of fun and Adventure. Hells Messanger is not only bad ass but is driven everywhere.

7. I was one of the people following along in the beginning of the build thread because of the amazing machine work on the Flathead and I was really liking the look of the car. I thought it was perfect the way it was and when I saw that he was going to chop it I remember thinking wow another car ruined and stopped following the thread once he cut the top. I liked the look of the car and thought there was no reason to change it.

But as time went by I forgot about the car but stumbled across the thread again. I went back and saw that he was bored and wanted a change, I get it. So the work the brother's were putting in on the top was impressive by the quality and the level of commitment that's all it took to get me interested again. So again I followed along down the rabbit hole as the brother's continued to finish the chop and straighten out the body also removing what little paint was left on the car. I have to say the finished product really changed my thinking on chopping the top and the car came out even better then the first part of the build, the chop came out great I don't think I would of had the gut's to cut it that much. In my opinion the car is now a real Hot rod, loud, dangerous, and if you like it or not you are talking about it !

You need to push the envelope on tradition a little bit every once in a while and the Elmer family sure know how's to do that , GREAT job !

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  8. Very deserving award.....

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  9. I saw this car last weekend at the hill climb. Pictures don't do it justice. The car is pure hot rod and I liked it a lot. It's just in your face fast and loud. Well deserved award.

10. ELMER FUDD

ELMER FUDD

I should have a link up on my Facebook page in the next day or two!

www.facebook.com/elmerequipped

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1410926176.571267.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1410926224.976484.jpg

11. Countn'Carbs

Countn'Carbs
    from CO

Like it....I frickin' Love it! Couldn't get enough of it all weekend. I think the words on the trophy pretty much sums it up.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  12. Countn'Carbs

Countn'Carbs
    from CO

13. Countn'Carbs

Countn'Carbs
    from CO

14. Countn'Carbs

Countn'Carbs
    from CO

15. HTML:
    <iframe src="//instagram.com/p/tBZSCFN9L7/embed/" width="612" height="710" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>
    There is a video of Hells Messenger on Instagram, I dont know how to embed it.

<iframe src="//instagram.com/p/tBZSCFN9L7/embed/" width="612" height="710" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

16. Ahhh....Instagram.... Forgot to check that....cool videos and pics!

Thanks dude!

17. xpittsx

xpittsx
    from Jersey

Looks like the 33/34 that Fabian built years ago...

Attached Files:

18. Makes me want to build one!:cool:

19. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

This is such a great threat.

I most confess, I Like the car. But I loves it before the new radical shop.

I love the craftmanship that went in to every detail of this build!!! Even in the chop. But espacialy in that wicked mill!!!

All the respect to you family and veterans!!

When I look at the chop, rounds to much in the sides of the front.

But when people talks about the Nice flow between bottom line on the body and the roof meats and create a teardrop line. I agree and love that part!

I most also point out I totaly see the Line between this and the Pierson coupe! And I would love to gear the genaral public opinion on Pierson coupe, back in the day. I bet they was just as mixed as we see them, right here to day!

And I can only wish that this chop dont becomes the norm, in the sence that it deserves to become an Icon, like the Pierson coupe is to most of us!

So this becomes the final statement of this long post:
    Do better or shut up, and since I never comes to build anything that good. Ever! Im gonna shut up.
    My respect to the build (and family)!

20. you can't do that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

Nope, mayby not. But his dad sure can. :cool: :) :D

And did it.

22. brady1929

brady1929

Bad ass hot rod. Hope this thread never dies.

23. jocktherock

jocktherock
    from Sweden

No,it won't. Not today! ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1415516111.194973.jpg

Countn'Carbs and lothiandon1940 like this.
  24. ELMER FUDD

ELMER FUDD

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1415633912.169478.jpg

Countn'Carbs and lothiandon1940 like this.
  25. louisb

louisb

I know that Dueces are the iconic hot rod but for me, my favorite has always been wildly chopped 33-34s. Just love these coupes and this one kicks ass. One day I will own one.

--louis

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  26. jocktherock

jocktherock
    from Sweden

Tim Elmer,i just have to share this with ya! Bought it from Larry Sorchik back in 1990... Djiiises 24 years ago & still remember when i pull it out of that pipe mr Postman delivered that day! Anyone know if mr Sorchik still in buisness? ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1415639912.026013.jpg

27. Jersey Suede

Jersey Suede
    from Joisey

28. ^^^Consummate artist and hot-rodder^^^. Wish you posted more often Mr. Sorchik.:)................Don.

29. jocktherock

jocktherock
    from Sweden

Cool to meet you here Sorchik,sorry that i call you Larry.... Lance! Get alittle scared about times fly by! Me & my gearhead buddies really admires your art mr Sorchik! Thx for info