Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Kustom From Outer Space..France calling.

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Ratatouille, Sep 3, 2014.

1. TonyVan

TonyVan
    from Vancouver

What a great read. It's looking really nice. I'd love to see it next to a full size '51 to take in the scale..
    Excellent job and thanks for sharing!

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Very good looking car! Nice work!

3. Wow two thumbs up! Not only great skills but a great eye also Congrats...............

4. Incroyable! speechless!

5. Peanut 1959

Peanut 1959

6. VEDETTE

VEDETTE
    from FRANCE

Last edited: Jul 26, 2015
  7. Rickyy

Rickyy
    from France

Une frégate sur "The Hamb", avec un super feeling en plus, tu vas apparaître sur mon blog dédié aux frégate custom (fregate-megalow.blogspot.fr), c'est obligé :).

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
  8. s55mercury66

s55mercury66
    from SW Wyoming

I too, just found your thread. Great looking color, and good looking modifications too. Best of luck and keep on posting, Ratatouille.

9. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

FANTASTIC. AWESOMENESS.DETERMINATION.

Very cool build. Make chicken salad out of chicken shit.

10. stephane-rod

stephane-rod
    from france

bien belle frégate que voila !!!

11. What a cool transformation
    It is a very rare car here in Holland (Pays Bas) with only 13 registrated Fregate's at the moment.
    Hope is will be finished soon

Hennie

12. DirtyJoe

DirtyJoe

Love the grille treatment. Proportions are spot on.

13. predicta

predicta
    from France

En effet, très beau kustom même si je suis passionné de caisses us 1950's, nos françaises peuvent être également des bases d'enfer.

chryslerfan55 and slimcat7m3 like this.
  14. bob miller 32

bob miller 32
    from france

super travail ratatouille , les bases françaises ont un super potentiel . tu est dans quelle région ?
    nice job ratatouille , french cars have big potential . from where are you ? ( it's an american site no ? )

15. Rickyy

Rickyy
    from France

This is the first time I see this accessory, for real :
    [​IMG]

look at the ad :
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  16. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

Hello guys, some news about the Fregate......first, thanks to all the H.A.M.B members, for your supports, messages, and great respect for my outside job. You are all of you, cool guys, and i have not enought English words to communicate my gratitude. Thanks again.

(oopps, translate for French buddy)....
    (Merci les gars pour vos messages, on se verra bientot lors de manifs quand ma voiture roulera....:) )

(Thanks guys four your message, see you soon in meeting, when my car will be finish!)

Actualy, i loose time, because i wanna try some new product, but the results is ugly. About my "déco", (means scallops, panneling, stripping.......), i don't wanna fuck my orange paint, and i'm not sure about my creation. It's not a game, i'm not Von Dutch or Watson, i'm scare to do something wrong.

I want to paint the "Déco" in white matte for the scallops. And i have decided to use Dip (in fact PlastiDip, a kind of car covering spray paint....), i have loose time.....and spend money for nothing, i just wanna share with you guys, what you don't must do. Sometimes you win, sometimes you do shit, it's shit time for me!

I try the Plastidip on rear scallops.....
    [​IMG]

And when i take off the tape, the result is ugly.....

[​IMG]

Because the dip stay on the tape, and i don't want to use cutter, to risk orange paint damage.....the problem closer....
    [​IMG]
    In fact, this product is great for another use, but not for what i want to do.

That sucks, i hate myself, the white color is horrible, take off this shit!

[​IMG]

I must do the "real thing", prepare my car for a real paint job, use smooth yellow pearl, gold metal flakes and clear....and if i want the most beautiful girl in passenger seat, i must do the real leadsled paint job....i think the Italian painter see me again in few weeks.......;-) ......i'm gonna work on my doors panels.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
    chryslerfan55, tinsled and fikonsodan like this.
  17. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Rat, I too just found this thread. My god what talent you have with so little to work with. Goes to show what attitude can do in any circumstance. Just plane bad ass. Great work.

18. mrquickwhip

mrquickwhip

Hi again mon ami......you should check out the hotrod hayride. I've already sent away for my tickets for next July. Get in quick cos it sells out and people come from all over Europe as well as usa, Japan, Australia and elsewhere.......I should say the hayride is nothing to do with me but I think you and your car will be very welcome....Bob in Scotland

19. Johnnee D.

Johnnee D.

Une tuerie cette Frégate! Good job, congrats, looks great and funny comments!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

20. Excellent job so far. That white dip stuff would maybe make good "poorman's" whitewall tyres?

21. Luckily that plastic stuff peels off. Besides peeling up at the edges the large white areas are too stark against the orange, in my opinion, they stick out like a sore thumb. I thought the stripes looked pretty good when they were just white outlines, although I'm not a fan of how they ignore or run right over/into the gaps in the trunk lid. They should work with and around the existing lines on the car.

Judging by what else you've been doing I think you'll get it figured out just fine and that beautiful girl will be in your passenger seat in no time :D

22. I love that you've started with such an unusual base, and created something wonderful, all the better when you're working outside. Hope the weather stays good for you.
    Love the colour, it's similar to my roof.

23. Cool way to visualize your scallop lines though..........you sure didn't hurt anything, with that stuff. I'm still liking every thing that you can do here. And then.....what happens ? :)

24. Up here in Michigan, we all have insisted on working indoors - for the most part given our experience with winter weather. I am inspired by our Frenchman's dedication to his project. Part of traditional Hot Rodding is found in traditional techniques. I am sure that a lot more "Hot Rods" were built back in the day in settings similar to Ratatouille's setup here. How cool is it to see this kind of dedication to the hobby? I love it! Making do with what you have is a big part of the traditional part of this hobby. Ratatouille is showcasing that for us here... I get greater inspiration from stuff like this than from seeing builds done in shops I could never own - only hope to be employed in... Plus - he's chopping a 4 door sedan - to some this is twice the work... Knock 'em dead bro! I can't wait for more progress... All you blokes out there trying to muster balls enough to chop that top need to see this post. That picture a few up there with the roof off and upside down on the yard there is the picture of the hardest cut to make - the first one.

I love this, absolutely love this!

25. m.kozlowski

m.kozlowski

Ratatouille - great car to start with, and great vision and execution! Thumbs up!

26. I just read this whole thread and it made my day! I love your positive attitude and sense of humor. I thought about doing plasti dip scallops too on a truck I'm building. I figured it would be easy to take off if I got sick of them. Glad to know it doesn't work before I tried it!

Keep it up man! Car looks really cool!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

27. Ratatouille

Ratatouille
    from France

Hello, nothing special, i'm just working on my door panel, and i'm enjoy to see my orange color changing with the sunshine. It's beer time actualy ;-).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

28. Kensey

Kensey
    from Pittsburgh

"and if i want the most beautiful girl in passenger seat, i must do the real leadsled paint job...."
    BEST FUCKING QUOTE EVER!!! I want this on a t-shirt. Your cars is bitchin! You have a true eye for design.

29. AHotRod

AHotRod

WOW!
    Most excellent!
    The wheel disc and body color complement each other very well.
    Well done.

Glenn

30. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Man it amazes me what you have done I don't tell it to often but my first car was a 1959 Renault dauphine I traded a 10 speed bicycle for it stole the battery from my dad's tractor and drove it all over the farm ! I like your Renault better !