Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Don't order from this business

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Radford46, Sep 1, 2014.

1. summersshow

summersshow
    from NC

Man that sucks... I like that angry Mickey mouse shifter...
    Thanks for the heads up

2. oldolds

oldolds

Checked out the website, It gave a few friends all in PA. Googled "Jeremiah Wales" in Pa. No records found. As stated above phone number is wrong on website regestration "555-5555". I would guess he is not a real person

3. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Maybe Universal shut him down with a cease and desist for using the Hot Rod Herman name and photos which clearly infringe on copyrights. Milner T shirt would probably be included in the letter for good measure.

4. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

I've seen him selling his stuff all over the place locally - actually if I recall , I saw him selling stuff at Lead East this weekend . If I'd have known this , I'd have tried to get his address or something for ya . Sorry :(

5. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I'd be surprised if Universal didn't shut down the use of their name.

[​IMG]

It's a shame, all of us try to support these little guys and one like this ruins it for the rest of them. Makes you afraid to send your money to them. That is one thing about dealing with the big guys, like Speedway, Summit, Jegs, etc, you know you are very safe with them.

Sounds like this guy is still out there, I would try to find out where he is setting up next and pay him a visit. I would take proof with me that I paid him my money and leave his booth with something of at least the value of what I already paid.

Don

On his website he lists a few of his "friends". I would be calling each of these guys and finding out how to get in touch with him. I bet you can shake the trees a little by doing that and if he gets enough calls from his friends he might decide to contact you. At this point, I would start having fun with him.

http://www.hotrodherman.com/litohefr.html

I just sent Universal Studios corporate office an email and asked them if they knew this guy was using their trademark name to rip people off on the internet. Whoops !

Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
    lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

There is no valid excuse for being a crook or a thief. In this day and age there is no excuse for not staying in contact with those from whom you have taken their money. JMO

7. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

He sets up at the Allentown swap meet every year in January in the back room. Never did mail order with him but have bought some stuff from him in person with no issues. He attends all of the larger well advertised Pennsylvania hot rod shows.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

8. he's ripped me off as well a few years back.

9. He's posted a thread in the HAMB classifieds a couple of days ago looking for someone to transport a vehicle from New Jersey to Wisconsin. Folks, this guy is a HAMBER....no excuse.

10. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

What is his user name on here ?

Don

11. I'll be damned.......HONESTHERMAN

12. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I just sent "Honest"Herman a PM and told him to look at this thread and to take care of his business. I also included Ryan in the conversation and suggested he consider whether Herman should be a HAMB member or not.

Here is a link to his ad:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/truck-transported-from-new-jersey-to-wisconsin.941397/

This is absolutely unacceptable.
    Don

I forgot to send Herman a link to the thread about him ripping people off. Maybe some of you can PM him and send him that link to help him find it.:rolleyes:

13. Convoyed the turd. I don't care what kind of problems he's having, I'm not financing him if I can help it.My father is 84 and fell and busted his shoulder yesterday, shit occurs.
    Pennsylvanians not but one state away. Anyone know if he goes to Carlisle?

14. And as far as getting ripped off on the internet, if you don't have a little faith with the small businesses you better not play. I lost 24.00. If it had been something I needed for 500.00 I would have been a lot more vigilant.
    But come to think of it, that is about two cases of Pabst.....

15. Or a physical address. Or anyone with an email addy like this:

[email protected]
    My experience is that if they put honest in their email address they most likely are not and are probably located in West Africa.