Register now to get rid of these ads!

Looking for Laddie Segrest '32 3-window

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Hill_County-rodshop, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Hill_County-rodshop

Hill_County-rodshop

I'm trying to track down the '32 three window coupe owned for years by Laddie Segrest of Waco, Texas. Laddie passed away in '85 and the car was sold back to the man he bought it from back in the late '50's or early '60's. Supposedly it was sold back to him in the late '80's and the car went to the Austin or San Antonio area. It was last painted in some kind of candy apple red. Any help out there? ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1408589891.252107.jpg

2. Hill_County-rodshop

Hill_County-rodshop

Here's a pic of the last time I saw the car about '87 or so. ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1408591830.186507.jpg

3. bump....for those whitewalls and running boards...

4. Hill_County-rodshop

Hill_County-rodshop

Bump? Hey do you recognize this car? Any help from the southern region of Texas folks?

5. Hill_County-rodshop

Hill_County-rodshop

Trying to find it. Any help is appreciated! Thanks! ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1408681825.209868.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1408681846.259424.jpg

6. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

Where is it from. I have one that is from Columbus , Oh area . 60s and 70s , western car before that .

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. I have no idea where the car ended up,just a comment on Laddie..I knew him when he was working on this car,,sold him may parts from our store in Dallas. When he painted the cat the first time,he used spray bomb can paint.Black,,and then hand rubbed it out and no one believed he used the spary cans..

Hill_County-rodshop likes this.
  8. Hill_County-rodshop

Hill_County-rodshop

Yeah I have a picture of it up close where you can see his wife Katherine's reflection in the paint. This car had nearly no bondo! Thanks!

9. alchemy

alchemy

Windshield wipers look like the only defining feature. And even those may have been changed since then. Might be a hard find.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2014
  10. Hill_County-rodshop

Hill_County-rodshop

Texas my friend. It supposedly went south (from Waco) maybe Austin in the late 80's.

11. Why don't you ask the mods to combine your two threads.:rolleyes:

gwhite likes this.
  12. Done

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  13. Bart78

Bart78

I have been told about a 32 a little south of Waco. It is a old three window hot rod. I know it is not driven. And actually up in a loft in a barn. I have not seen it. Just told about it.

14. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

This is where the great tales of barn finds start...

15. Hill_County-rodshop

Hill_County-rodshop

It wouldn't surprise me. Laddie bought that car if I remember correctly in the late '50's or early '60's and it was supposedly repurchased by the man he bought it from. So if the tale is true it's probably not obtainable, but I have a butt load of pictures they might want copies of. Then again you never know. Oh to be a dirt dobber or other pest in that barn!

16. Bart78

Bart78

I don't know when this car was put there. But a old guy I know has told me about this car probably a hundred times. He is probably in his 80's. There is a car up here. That is a cool old hot rod. Everyone around knows about it. And it's been sitting outside forever. It's a 34 five window. With a 331 hemi in it. His son tells me it will be for sale one day.

17. Hill_County-rodshop

Hill_County-rodshop

I'm in the process of trying to strike a deal to get my '40 deluxe 2-door back that was an old hotrod. When I found it and bought it in '89 out of a field near Waco it had a '39 tranny couple to a '54 short bell 331 hemi, black with red interior and white wall slicks in the trunk. A deal was made around 1999 to sell and like an idiot let it go. I'll see if I can find the pictures of it sometime and post them. It was a really neat find! It is a available, but I won't say by whom or where lol. Gotta get that one back!

18. Bart78

Bart78

I'm about to start cleaning up a place for a guy. That has a cool old hot rod. He built in 57. It's a 31 a coupe. And has a old 265 in it. With a Columbia rear end in it. The trans is out of a 41 mercury and brakes and rear are from the 41 mercury and the dash. This guy is a model a hoarder. Has a ton of them and a few mod thirties fords. And parts out the rear.

19. Bart78

Bart78

I will ask the guy about the 32. I will see him Sunday.

20. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

[QUOTE="Hill_County-rodshop, Laddie passed away in '85 and the car was sold back to the man he bought it from back in the late '50's or early '60's. Supposedly it was sold back to him in the late '80's and the car went to the Austin or San Antonio area. It was last painted in some kind of candy apple red. Any help out there?[/QUOTE]

That would age that guy at least in his 70's. Car may have been driven for a few years, then taken off the road for a rebuild, never got put back together and still sits in Texas. Or, it got sold and could be anywhere.
    Alchemy is right though; wipers are definately a give away if someone didn't change them.

21. Hill_County-rodshop

Hill_County-rodshop

Thanks Bart78!

22. Bart78

Bart78

Your welcome. He told me the name of the town. But I don't remember.

23. Jim P

Jim P
    from Tyler, TX

I remember Laddie and the car. If memory serves a local car club painted the car the candy color for Catherine after Laddie died. Laddie and Catherine were supporters of Deuces Limited and always attended the Deuce Reunion. The show is next month in Bastrop Texas. You should try to attend and ask around about the car. You know deuce guys know where everything is hidden.
    Jim

volvobrynk likes this.
  24. Roadsir

Roadsir

Good luck, I hope you get some leads, and hopefully it hasn't lost it soul over the years.

25. Longhornruss

Longhornruss