Register now to get rid of these ads!

1937 Cord sedan

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rockerhead, May 28, 2010.

1. Rockerhead

Rockerhead
    Member Emeritus

This for Justin
    Here is a picture you asked for of my 1937 supercharged Cord Custom Beverly sedan. As you may know the Custom Beverly was a long wheelbase version offered apparently to appeal to wealthly buyers. Somewhere around 250 of them were manufactured. This car was made shortly before the company failed.
    The picture you saw before was probably taken with the hood and transmission cover removed while I rebuilt the transmission about 2 years ago.
    The Cord drives well but I must admit that I prefer using my street rods, especially for trips.
    Check out the ACD club website.
    Don

Attached Files:

2. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

3. I recall, back in 71 I lived in Encinitas. I went down to San Diego to look at a tri power setup for my GTO. The guy had a Cord Beverly in his garage. Complete and original, unrestored and running, but needing some work. $1400.00. It might as well have been $14,000 to a broke 22 year old with a wife and baby. Still have the wife and baby(40?) though.

4. Man, what car!!!!!!!!!!1

5. Damned fine car you got there. I had a friend in SoCal way back when who had both Beverly sedans and a couple of RHD Sportsmans (really rare), along with his collection of Metropolitans (said they were more fun than the Cords! :eek: )

I've always loved Cords, but never could afford to own one when I was a lot younger...

6. Bob Mc Collugh, what a nice guy he was, He got me going on Cords by giving me the hood winged ornament and said, "there you go, here's the front of your Cord all you need is from there back". There was a guy around the corner from Bob who had 2 Cords with Cad engines in them. Good times!

7. Cool that you knew Bob McCulloch, too, John. He was a damned nice guy and always had great stories to tell...

8. Beautiful car. I've been to the ACD Festival may times and just visited the museum for the third time this year to see these beautiful cars.

9. 08202014.jpg Thought you might enjoy this photo taken Winter of 1961-1962 somewhere in Central Virginia. That's me, age 11, already car crazy. Had to have my picture taken by this Cord that was just parked in front of a Motel/ Diner I believe on the rt. 29 corridor. If I recall it appeared to be in-op and just placed there as a conversation piece to draw in patrons.

10. I'm a long time fan of them, and as I'll never own one, I did the next best thing, and brought one, in 1/24th scale. Its a convert able that I built mainly stock, except for raking the windshield back a little, and lowering it.

11. ..............................................So, this is where you post a picture.:)

12. Ole don

Ole don

In a hundred years, most of us will be dead, and that Cord will be on the cover of the book "The Most Beautiful Cars Ever Built".

13. Ha, I knew I'd get caught out on this. Its in my model cabinet behind a table covered in junk. I will try and get to it in an hour or so.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  14. I couldn't get it out without a major shift around, so yourll have to make do with some crapy phone pics, sorry. Forgot to mention the metallic red paint too. IMG_20140821_202831.jpg IMG_20140821_202831.jpg IMG_20140821_203033.jpg

lothiandon1940 likes this.