Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gunnedah Drags

Discussion in 'HA/GR' started by spanners, Jul 14, 2014.

1. spanners

spanners

Another fantastic weekend at Gunnedah. Once again I was the only HAMBster there but not everyone has the weekend available.
    Saturday started warm and barmy, bullshit did it. Left the motel at 8am, 1 degree Celsius (33 Fahrenheit). Lovely coating of ice on the HAMBster which made it a bitch to get started at the track. A squirt of carby cleaner, the missus choking the carby trumpets and a battery pack soon had it fired up.
    We got in 5 test 'n' tune runs, nothing spectacular but a couple of 1.9 sec. 60ft's which I can't usually do. Bloody good fun doin' it.
    Sunday was warmer by a couple of degrees but a chill wind blowing up our bums which helps when you don't have a lot of horsepower to play with. Four qualifying runs and then eliminations. I was lucky, not, to run against a bloke who usually turns up with whatever piece of shit he bought from the local wrecker, in this case a Toyota Camry. This is a re-run of last time. Once again I used too many revs on launch and couldn't catch him so it was back on the trailer for me.
    Track temperature played havoc with some of the fast cars with a couple of 180's and trips off the track onto the grassed area. Filum to follow I hope.

2. Old6rodder

Old6rodder
    from SoCal
    1. HA/GR owners group

The "film at eleven" is great! Gotta love me another SU'd slant, too. :cool:

Also, I love the openness of your strip. Most of ours that're left feel rather reminiscent of running in the old L.A. River channel; walled in by concrete.

3. spanners

spanners

Thanks Dick. Yes, the airstrip is good but you're at the mercy of the winds. The videos are of the elimination race, one from the in-car camera and the other my wife took on a basic digital camera normally used for still photos, hence the shaky look.
    What they do show is the perfect way to lose and end up back on the trailer.

4. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

Are you coming up to Willowbank in August, I sent off my entry today.

5. spanners

spanners

Probably not Nigel. I've got a test 'n' tune the first weekend and want to try out some bigger carbies, round 6 on the 16th August , Maitland Motorfest the following weekend (dust off your car Drewfus and put it on display) and Ute rego the following weekend so money will be tight. In there somewhere I'll be doing some overtime at work because the dopey buggers have realized they don't have enough Truck and Dog operators to cover the work. The money helps as well.

6. spanners

spanners

Bad luck Nigel. Looks like I'll be there after all. I'll probably do the test 'n' tune on the Saturday as well. Really looking forward to the 11 hour drive, yeah right.