Register now to get rid of these ads!

History travelling permit 1932

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hemi rodder, Jul 30, 2014.

1. hemi rodder

hemi rodder
    from NB Canada

100_5375.JPG I have a brass pin that I am trying to find info on, not sure what it is, anyone know?

2. Looks like a French train token. Just taking a Wild ass guess

3. stimpy

stimpy

Google says anglo canadian pulp and papermills LTD , Quebec CA. and being its both in english and french I would say that would be a good guess, and its possibly for rail passage to and from the mills or towns to the cut sites .

4. hemi rodder

hemi rodder
    from NB Canada

thanks, that sounds about right, I am only a few hours drive from were the mills could have been.
    I am in New-Brunswick only 20 minutes drive to the province of Quebec. a friend gave it to me to put in my rod thinking it was car related and knowing it was from the 1930's

5. Definitely a cool piece. I have a small collection of similar pieces including a couple from the Highland Park Ford plant.Others I believe are from various department stores in the Boston MA area.The logos are very ornate and a bit difficult to read.

6. Put it in,and when asked,just say it means you can drive anywhere/anytime.

7. Cool collectible. HRP

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  8. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

That would have to be riveted to my firewall! nothing like having official permission to travel!:D

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  9. hemi rodder

hemi rodder
    from NB Canada

I guess I don't have to ask my wife for permission any more:)