Register now to get rid of these ads!

help please

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jacswan, Jul 28, 2014.

1. jacswan

jacswan

Hi, I don't know to much about engine's and I need help. I want to Know wish
    line goes from the fuel pump to the carburetor and the return that goes from the carburetor to the fuel pump.
    The engine is from a 1980 chevy c10 305 v8 and now is my 1953 chevy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. These are the hose connections. HRP

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. jacswan

jacswan

Thanks alot man and in fuel pump the middle one where would that one connect too?

4. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

The big hose fitting on the pump goes to the tank pickup and the small hose fitting is a return the flare line fitting goes to the carb.

5. My fuel pump had three outlets and I capped one of them. HRP

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  6. jacswan

jacswan

Thanks

7. jacswan

jacswan

OTE="HOTRODPRIMER, post: 10537034, member: 1182"]My fuel pump had three outlets and I capped one of them. HRP HRP[/QUOTE]
    Thanks
    Thanks

8. jacswan

jacswan

Can you guys help me out with this too please ,where does the vacuum from the distributor and the engine vacuum go to?

[​IMG]

9. jacswan

jacswan

10. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

The large fitting in the rear of intake would go to power brake booster if you do not have one you can cap it or remove it and plug it with a pipe plug.
    The large port in the front of carb will go to a PCV valve in valve cover the small port in the front of carb would go to the dist.

loudbang likes this.
  11. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Also if you have an auto trans that has a vacuum modulator you can hook it up to the port on the rear of the intake.

12. jacswan

jacswan

Thankyou man I really appreciate it.

13. jacswan

jacswan

[​IMG]
    Is that the return fitting that goes back to the fuel pump?

14. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

No that would go to the PCV valve.
    There is no return fuel line on the carb only a return line fitting on your fuel pump that would go back to the tank.

15. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I see a hose on the fuel inlet on the carb where do you have the outer end hooked to on the pump?

16. jacswan

jacswan

[QUOT="saltflats, post: 10537568, member: 37224"]I see a hose on the fuel inlet on the carb where do you have the outer end hooked to on the pump?[/QUOTE]
    This is how my engine looks like now
    [​IMG]

If the red one goes to the gas tank where does the blue one go to?
    [​IMG]

17. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

The red one goes to the carb the blue one is the return to the tank the one you have the hose on should go to the tank pick up. If you do not have a return line to the tank you can plug the blue one or get a pump that does not have the third fitting.

18. jacswan

jacswan

ok cool thanks

19. jacswan

jacswan

If the red eoes togas tank where does the blue one go to?[/QUQUOTE="jacswan, post: 1057620 member: 252434"][QUOT="saltflats, post: 10537568, member: 37224"]I see a hose on the fuel inlet on the carb where do you have the outer end hooked to on the pump?[/QUOTE]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][/QUOTE]
    Do you know wh
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][/QUOTE]
    Do you know were I could buy the fitting for the fuel pump cause i can't find it nowhere, the red one.

20. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

The red one needs a fitting or a hard line to go to the carb the way you have it now you have the the fuel line coming from the pump input going to the carb input.

21. IIRC, the threaded line is standard 3/8th double flare, which translates to standard SAE brake line fittings. Available at any auto parts store, though only in straight, you'll need to bend. IMHO, there is too much rubber line from pump to carb. I prefer less than 6 - 12 inches of rubber TOTAL in a fuel feed system. And I've achieved that even in a Jaguar MK IV with dual tanks and dual pumps.
    Further, I'd personally get the fuel pump that does not have three fittings, as any capped fitting can leak, and the fuel is somewhat flammable. Unless you PROMISE to take my ex out driving...she smokes :)

Cosmo

22. jacswan

jacswan

Thankyou guy's