Register now to get rid of these ads!

Am I the only one that don't like the new format ?

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by langy, Jul 26, 2014.

1. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

I just can't seem to take to the new layout of the Hamb, I used to browse here all the time but something don't feel right anymore ??? There also seems to be a fair few faces not here as regularly as they used to be ???
    If this is progress i'm afraid I don't like it !!!

2. joee

joee

I'm not crazy over it......

Quain Stott likes this.
  3. coupe33

coupe33
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

After almost ten years from the time I signed up I have to agree it is more difficult. It took two years for me to even join so I have been coming here a long time mainly for the information and tech.

4. clem

clem

The only thing inevitable in the world is change. I don't have any problems with it. Find it better if anything.

Bubba1955 likes this.

5. deuce1932

deuce1932
    from Australia

I find it much harder to read the text..& page numbers too small... eyes getting old I suppose... previous version just felt better.

6. There are things I like about the new version and things that I don't like. That said, I try to be positive and pragmatic about "change" and move on. I'm almost 64 yrs. old and "change" doesn't always come easy for me, especially when it comes to computer related stuff. I know there has been some push-back from some folks and that's to be expected. For me it's still the best forum out there and I spend as much or more time on here as before. I know Ryan, the German and all of the Moderators have spent an immeasurable amount of man-hours creating the HAMB we have today and frankly I'm happy just to enjoy the fruits of their labor...Don.:)

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  7. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

I agree with Don's comments
    It is different but has some really good new features which perhaps, make it less "Hokey" than is once was.

8. captmullette

captmullette

still my forum for info and entertainment......but I cant post a video to save my ass

9. farmer12

farmer12

I agree Steve. My time here on the Hamb has dropped by 90%. Can't seem to find my favourite threads any more, without spending a lot of time searching for them. It used to be so easy.

pecker head and koolkemp like this.
  10. 41hemi

41hemi

I am struggling to figure out the new "conversation" thing. Can't retrieve any messages.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  11. rooman

rooman

It is different but so is Windows 8 and I have gotten used to that. Some of it is just getting familiar with the new design and format and overall I think that it is an improvement although it was a little difficult at first.

Roo

12. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  13. eppster

eppster

I don't care for it and enjoyed the old format much ,much better !!! I find that I spend much less time here and really, .from my perspective, didn't see anything wrong with the old format.

pecker head and WiredSpider like this.
  14. I hate change. It has to do with the generation I came from I guess.
    Having said that, I got used to the new format already and it won't be long before I won't be able to remember the old one at all!
    The only issue I have is I can't seem to be able to post photos anymore.

15. I agree with Don, The format? I guess it works for some. I'm fairly computer savvy and it has really limited my use of the site....Photos are easier, but I never had a problem with that. One of my issues is the PM messaging its nowhere near as good.....but mostly, I can't go back in the threads where I left off yesterday.....Where is "the last time you visited was?" I know about the links at the top of the page...and using that takes me back about 6 pages only.
    In "Vintages Shots" I cannot go back to the page where I left off....I have to write that page # down and go there the next time. I don't like the Profile page setup. It was easy to go back to my past posts or threads....not now though....Alerts? Likes??? whatever!! I could go on, but overall, I haven't been back anywhere near what I was before the changes. Just can't get into it. Right now I'd rather do the Facebook HAMB.....Still an Alliance member, but haven't looked at that lately either.

16. ................................Same here, Al. It just doesn't work for me like the old PM system.

HOTRODPRIMER likes this.
  17. ...................................I agree completely. If I send someone a "conversation" and they reply, I get the alert but, their reply never shows up on my profile page. I have to go to theirs to see their response. Seems kinda counter-intuitive to me.

WiredSpider likes this.
  18. chopped

chopped

New site reminds me of the 57 Chevy with every piece of chrome the owner could find stuck on it. More is not always better.

wbrw32 likes this.
  19. Well I just proved myself a liar. I just went to my profile page and a "conversation" that someone sent me regarding a car he has for sale showed up on my profile page. Not sure if it's something he's doing right or I'm doing wrong!:confused:

20. ROBERT JAM

ROBERT JAM

Very difficult to use,pm's were great now the new is the pits. Can't seem to delete messages.Hope it gets better.I enjoy the site and material on it

21. Click on the little red dot on the main page. that takes you to where you left off. At least it works for me.
    Charley

22. Yes there are times I have to grit my teeth...and just keep pushing forward like anything else. Tim

23. Click on the little red dot on the main page. that takes you to where you left off. At least it works for me.

I'll try that Charley...Thanks

24. okiedokie

okiedokie
    from Ok

Little red dot???????????

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  25. super-six

super-six

Too much scrolling in my opinion. More so than any other forum that I participate in. In the old format I used to go through the first 5 or 6 pages every morning. Now I go through 1 or 2.

26. Bubba1955

Bubba1955

I groused about it at first but I'm getting used to it. Also finding some of the new features are handy.

Change is inevitable...Except from a vending machine.

27. teejay99

teejay99

My lurking time here has dropped way off ........joined a bunch of old car related "Facebook Groups " that follow my particular Ford interests . ......certainly not as good as the old style HAMB , but easy to navigate .

T

pecker head and cobalt333 like this.
  28. I agree completely.The HAMB is the best site for my money hafta keep teaching myself how to use it.

29. Keith48

Keith48

I am also spending less time on the HAMB sites. Use to be hours on here , now about 1/2 hour or so. The site does not feel right. Not as easy as before to find what I'm looking for.

WiredSpider and vintageauto like this.
  30. jazz1

jazz1

I rarely view hamb anymore as searching for tech/how to...was my favourite feature which is now just a PIA