Register now to get rid of these ads!

I know you are busy, so when you get chance can you fix this - one 1

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by 31Vicky with a hemi, Jul 19, 2014.

1. The numeral one font .
    Its fine in the title box, its fine in the text box but posts like a smaller point capital "i"

Like this (numeral) 1 I (letter) - now look at the title. It's clearly a numeral.

It's engaging the opposite side of the brain when reading technical post involving measurements.

Thanks

2. I agree that the default text used for responses here can be difficult to read. And it's only worse when there's numerals involved, which happens fairly regularly when technical information is posted.

When posting a respnse I've gotten into the habit of selecting my text and changing the font before I hit the submit button. I think "Tahoma" is more readable, especially with numerals, and the text appears more black.

ASDasd1234567890 (Tahoma)

ASDasd1234567890 (default- Georgia)

Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be a way to make this the default font for posting new threads or reading existing posts.

3. I1II1I

(Eye one eye eye one eye)

I need 1

There's only 1 I capitalized in Indiana

plumbid likes this.

4. patience...I know Ryan is going to continue to 'tweak' things, he's just getting settled back in from some much-needed time with family

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  5. Please pleases please pretty please with sugar on top , Ryan please fix this .

6. I do see a couple of the little changes you spoke of on another thread Ryan, nice!

Just checking here.
    1I1I1I

( nope , not yet)

7. .

6 months and I can't even get someone to tell me to fuck off :)

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  8. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Testing

1 i I

I i 1

i 1 I

All this time 6 months.......It's your computer....... Fuck off... :) happy now ? :)

Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  9. I see you found my post on the other thread about changing the font for your replies, so I don't really feel compelled to tell you to fuck off. :p But if it makes you feel any better I guess the least I could do is tell you to "bite me". :eek: And I wouldn't do that for just anyone... :rolleyes:

10. That's a far shot better than nothing or getting I in the 1. Or is that 1 in the I.
    Actually 1 would be better

11. Doesn't anybody care ?

12. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Honestly, I don't really see the problem.

13. Here's my screen shots.
    Does the numeral 1 look like smaller point capital letter I to you?
    This is what I see.

1 I

image.jpg

image.jpg

Now in this shot of the title, every numeral one , including the date clearly looks like a number not a letter.

image.jpg
    Here's the posting box before I hit "post"
    image.jpg