Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical 1935-36 ford PU wood patterns?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by white64, Oct 15, 2013.

1. white64

white64
    from Maine

I've searched through HAMB for plans of these wooden parts and have seen several posts where someone has developed them, but then each post seems to stop at that point... who has some?

My nephew bought a chopped '36 PU at Hershey (the one at the Orange gate) it's pretty complete except for the wood mounts for the cab and bed. I recently finished a 31 coupe and made the wood for that car, so I think I can handle the wood for his PU...

...even if you have a old set that I could copy, that would be great!

2. mr.chevrolet

mr.chevrolet

hey, did he buy that chopped one? pretty solid. had a lot of parts. i checked it out as i was on the hunt for a 36-7 truck drivers door. found one too.

3. 41PICUP

41PICUP

Check with Northern Classic Trucks

Attached Files:

4. bfdladder10

bfdladder10

5. nobuckets

nobuckets
    from austin, tx

I used these to start, but had to modify them slightly to fit my cab - just in the location of the reliefs, dimensionally they were ok. I have a '36. I didn't cut the finger joints, just cut on an angle and glued, worked pretty well.

Attached Files:

6. white64

white64
    from Maine

THAT WAS THE ONE! There were a lot of parts the guy had in boxes.

7. treb11

treb11
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice ! do you happen to have patterns for 40 - 41? thanks

8. white64

white64
    from Maine

Thanks guys! I've had great responses! HAMB is the best!

9. Dirk35

Dirk35

I made my own when I was building my 35 as I couldnt find anyone reproducing them. After finding someone with a finger joiner and how much they wanted to charge me for the labor just to make the finger joints only, I decided to use a biscuit joiner to mate the two peices together. Worked well and looking under the truck, you would never be able to tell.

Looking at those from Northern Classic Trucks for only $150, youll be ahead to just buy theirs unless you can actually find someone to let you borrow theirs to use as a pattern.

10. nobuckets

nobuckets
    from austin, tx

Sorry, just the 35-36. Unless you are doing a restoration, I'm not sure the finger jointing is necessary.

11. white64

white64
    from Maine

MANY THANKS TO bfdladder10! Got a set of full size drawings! Freebie! How friggin cool is that!

12. The aftermarket ones are cheap as I found out with attempting to build some for my 38 Ford trucks. They are a huge pain to build and the compound curves will fool you.

13. white64

white64
    from Maine

SAM_1853.JPG SAM_1859.JPG Here they are! Just got around to it... maybe took a couple of hours from start to finish, with some 4 legged encouragement! They were made from an oak pallet base using; circular saw, belt sander, a drill, and a 3/8 wood chisel