Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cooling Components

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ErnieM, Jul 24, 2014.

1. ErnieM

ErnieM

Has anyone had a problem with Cooling Components products? I was cruising
    my 40 Ford with a 383 blown Chevy engine and my Cooling Components fan quit with less than 500 miles on it, since installation. I called their customer service and he said my problem was a bad ground, I assured him that we had tested the connections and it was all good. He said it was my problem, and hung up. My advise is use some other cooling product,! From my experience they don't stand behind theirs.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've had my setup for a couple if years and never had an issue. Works great.

3. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

Same here. Mine has been on a couple vehicles also.

4. Tell us more about your set-up. Is it on a manual switch or thermostatically controlled? Do you have it wired with a relay? Anything else on the same circuit? I'm not trying to defend what sounds like some poor customer service, just attempting to see if there were any other issues that may have contributed to the failure.

5. Not the customer service I had from them. Did repairing the bad ground fix your problem?
    Where you using the 70 amp relay set up they tell us to use? Just asking as they have been nothing but the best customer service ever time I asked for something.

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  6. I do believe that I heard that the company changed hands at some point in recent years (correct me if I'm wrong). Sometimes that doesn't bode well for quality or service.:(

7. Gman0046

Gman0046

IMG_0422.JPG I've never had a problem with a Cooling Components product. Yes, they are no longer owned by Walker.
    I'm surprised by the lack of customer service by the new owner you'd think they would go out of their way for new customers.
    Attached is my solution to a high dollar dual electric fan set up for pennies on the dollar. Its from a 2006 Toyota Camry.

8. Ddooce

Ddooce
    from Memphis Tn

Mines at least 10 years old and never a problem. The "new" - it's been several years now -owners are the people who built the fans for the company since day one so there should be no change in quality.

My customer service experience has always been first rate.

Tell us about the relay you are using and what was the problem - "it quit" covers a multitude of sins!

9. Cooling Components

Cooling Components

We stand behind our products 100%. 98% of the time that a motor quits it is a wiring problem and the customer has to be willing to work with us to find the problem. Tech line 901-336-6194 ext 101.

10. Thanks for stepping up and letting us know that you are listening. It means a lot.:)