Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 1st Annual Steel Stampede Car Show and Gearhead Festival

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Animal, Apr 9, 2014.

1. This is my new passion.....I started this show to raise money for a very good cause. The Faith Hinkley Memorial Veterans Park is being built to honor all KIA's in the San Luis Valley of Colorado. The event is open to all vehicles, and we'd be very happy to get a contingent of HAMBer's to show up and support this worthy cause. :)

Monte Vista is in south-central Colorado, between Pueblo and Durango on US 160. The mountains surrounding the Valley make for some killer roads to explore!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2014
  2. Count me in! I am a veteran and like what you are doing.

Animal likes this.
  3. Thanks for the support! Please tell everyone you know. :)

4. Vendors are welcome. Vendor spaces are $20 for a 10x10 spot in the park next to the cars. That day is also the biggest day of the Ski Hi Stampede, the oldest pro rodeo in Colorado. There are lots of people who watch the parade through town, and a large percentage of them used to come to the park for the car show that used to be in the park (until three years ago) I think we'll' get a good crowd, so, with the cheap space fee, vendors should do well.

5. Bumpity.................We have three confirmed (maybe four) live bands for the show, as well as lots of vendors and participants. The games are going to be a blast! We'll have both individual and club trophies..........come on out and represent! All money goes to the veterans memorial park being built to honr all KIA's from the San Luis Valley in all wars.

6. Three days to go!!

7. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

please have someone take plenty of pics and post hear to help spread the cause.