Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical *IN STOCK NOW!* NEW Haus of Style "AVIATOR" Straight 5 Style Gauge Panel

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pinstriper40, Jul 24, 2015.

1. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm in the process of designing and producing a new straight 5 gauge panel for flat dashes, i.e. '32 Ford dashes etc... They will be based loosely on the old Stewart Warner/Ensign panels, but with an obvious nod to the art deco lines of the '30's and early '40s. They will be designed so that both Classic Instruments and Stewart Warner gauges will work in the panel. These panels will be semi-customizable with aluminum, brass, or stainless "waterfall" style overlays on an aluminum base, so there are multiple finish options if so desired. Also, they will be available in a "cast" look or ready for polishing. I plan on having a tangible example in the next couple weeks.

I realize a photo or some sort of illustration would be nice so you can visualize what it will look like, but I am not unveiling the design until I have a finished product. Just imagine a really bitchin', fresh gauge panel that is traditional and would look great in a '32 dash.

Anyone interested can PM me for more info and updates on progress. I want to get a feel for how many I should produce in the first batch.

RICH B likes this.
  2. alchemy

alchemy

As a fellow dash panel creator, I'm looking forward to seeing your product.

Pinstriper40 likes this.
  3. my interest depends.....any idea of a price?

4. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm shooting for the $200-$250 range.

5. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank you! It's my design, I'm working with a local machine shop to create it. I've seen your panels before and you do top notch work!

6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

will you be able to slightly modify panels if a customer is looking for a one of kind type panel?

7. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yes, the center waterfall panel will be totally customizable, since it will be built as a separate piece. I will have aluminum, brass, and stainless centers available (brass and stainless at additional cost) in the standard design, but really they could be custom designed with a V8 logo or your initials or whatever you'd like. I will work with customers and the machine shop to meet your needs.

I will post a SNEAK PEEK photo tomorrow.

8. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, I didn't have as much time as I had hoped over the weekend, but I was able to complete a 2nd full-sized draft for the machinist, and after some adjustments, I will hand over the design to them.

Good things come to those who wait!

9. Man, if the finished product is as cool as the prototype drawing you showed me, these should sell like the proverbial hotcakes. I don't even have the car to put it in yet, and I'm ready to pull the trigger on one!

Pinstriper40 likes this.
  10. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've been advised to "cool my jets" on these until I get them patented. Does anyone out there in HAMB land have any advice on this process? Thanks!

11. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

patented?...hope you got deep pockets

kidcampbell71 and 1927graham like this.
  12. As Larry says.....we are all patiently waiting. Might just have to have one of these.....

13. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

OK, well I guess I'll go with plan A and produce them in a small batch at first and snowball production as demand increases.

It'll be a month or so before I have a tangible product but I promise it'll be worth the wait.

14. alchemy

alchemy

15. "Tomorrow"has come AND GONE,,where are your "Sneak" photos?

16. pics? "Tuesdays gone"

17. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

..........and Wednesday's not looking too good, either.........

18. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

PM's sent to those interested. I can't bring myself to post photos until I have a completed product. I spoke with Dennis O'Brien today, and have the drafting done for the machine shop, so please be patient while I get my ducks in a row and get the product out as quickly as possible! Both the machine shop and Dennis at O'Brien Truckers have about a 3 week turnaround time, so it looks like it'll be 6 weeks for the cast version and 3-4 for a machined polishable version.

19. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

I'm curious when ya get these. been looking for a way to redo them in my truck. This might have a chance at working

Pinstriper40 likes this.
  20. alchemy

alchemy

I've seen a super-secret spy pic and I can vouch that they will be worth the wait. Very neat panel that will be right at home on many '30s dashboards.

Pinstriper40 likes this.
  21. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

yup

kidcampbell71 and Pinstriper40 like this.
  22. Patiently waiting.. HRP

[​IMG]

orangeamcs and Pinstriper40 like this.
  23. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The finished blueprints will be off to the machine shop so we can make a master to pop some of these out with... Thank you all for being patient! I realize that it's taking awhile... (I want to have these done yesterday!) But they will be worth it in the long run! I hope to have my first run done by November 1st, and the second run done by December 1st. Thanks!

24. orangeamcs

orangeamcs

25. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No pictures until I have a finish cast product in my hand. We're not too far away from that!

26. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

I am in the market for a dash panel for my modified, so I am eagerly awaiting pics.

Pinstriper40 likes this.
  27. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks Mike! I'll be doing a run of 10 first so I can show what they'll look like in different "trim levels", then a run of 50 or more, depending on any pre-orders that I get in. As soon as I get the panels back from O'Brien Truckers I'll post pictures and start taking orders! Wait time between orders is about 3-4 weeks.

I've gotten a lot of moral support regarding these panels, and if you think YOU are excited to see them done, just imagine how I feel! I can't wait to see them on other people's cars!

Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  28. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

If anyone is interested in getting in on the first batch, I'll post pictures of the pattern O'Brien Truckers will be using for the casting process in the next 2-3 weeks when it is completed. Thank you!

29. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I should have a pattern done by the end of the week. I will be taking orders for a week once it's completed, and then I'll send the pattern to O'Brien Truckers to get the first batch cast! Thank you all for your patience!

30. belair

belair

I don't know anything about the topic, but instead of patenting your design, maybe you need to register or trade-mark it. And quit posting posts about posts about post about pictures you aren't going to post. HURRY AND AND POST THE PICTURES. Your excitment is contagious.

Pinstriper40 likes this.