Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage wichita swap meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 58cchevy, Jan 2, 2015.

1. 58cchevy

58cchevy

Feb 6-7 meet is the last one. Is anyone going? Sad to see an end to a event that broke up a boring winter.

2. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

the last one? what happened to the club that puts it on?

3. 58cchevy

58cchevy

rumor is someone leased the buildings.

4. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

That's a shame, as it was a winter ritual for us to load up the truck and head north for the day. Lots of good tmes, except for that time when we all brought the flu home from Kansas.

5. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

The building was sold and the Model A club decided they were getting to old for that much work. I heard they tried to find another group to take over but didn't have any takers.

6. jseery

jseery
    from Wichita KS

Thanks for the heads up.

7. jseery

jseery
    from Wichita KS

I was born in Lakin Kansas!

8. Great Swap Meet! This was a Great
    Meet to Buy my Auburn Dash & Gauges! Very Sad to Hear its Gonna
    Be No More! BigDTexasKid

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

9. Bam.inc

Bam.inc
    from KS

10. aircap

aircap

11. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

This has been THE swap meet for me and my brothers for many years. I have gone to many others but this one is very different in how it feels. Most swap meets have guys scurrying around only to beat others at finding treasures which is great in its own regard but this one has always had a more friendly car brother feel. The guys of the Model A Ford club that put it on gave the whole thing that attitude. When you got there you felt as good bullshitting with the other guys there about all kinds of things as you did searching for those special treasures. Every year as I left the front doors I thought to my self, Damn it will be a whole year till I get to come back ! This year , leaving will really kick my ass !

12. Bam.inc

Bam.inc
    from KS

Yep. Kan Kustom is right-on.
    I will be there this year & my dad & brother have sold there several yrs. Good fun, all day just walkin around finding some treasures. Afterall, nothing good goin on outside (below zero-10`F)
    Maybe someone will pick it up & keep it going? I wish the model a club would partner with a new group to transition it to a new venue...because once it's gone, it'll be hard to get that 'vibe' back.
    Then future swap meets hopefully dont become china harbor frt. Tools & 70's musclecar junk

13. Bam.inc

Bam.inc
    from KS

... it's back. . . [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
    Kan Kustom likes this.
  14. Kan Kustom

Kan Kustom

Four days away and already can't sleep. An addiction with no cure. If you see three guys walking around laughing loudly and making fun at and about each other with no apparent sensible reason, it will be me and my two brothers. We go back to our childhood as soon as we hit the doors.