Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Cruisin' The Smokies Cherokee Rod Run Fall '13

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cobra_4, Nov 12, 2013.

1. cobra_4

cobra_4

Thought I'd share a few pictures from the annual Cruisin' The Smokies Fall Cherokee Rod Run in Cherokee, NC.

For all the pictures (WARNING:Some none HAMB approved pics may be found in the open album) CLICK HERE

A few hamb style fav's!

How many Pontiac Sedan Deliveries do you EVER see anymore? Hope someone saves this baby!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In love with this Pontiac. Straight 8 still intact, still has the original plug wires. A buddy of mine drove it to and from the show, he passed me on the road in my dad's 34 pick up on the way home, blew my doors off! :D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. cobra_4

cobra_4

3. Model T1

Model T1

Thanks for the great photos.

4. Fogger

Fogger

The '38 black coupe is perfect, that'd be a great fun driver!!!!

5. cobra_4

cobra_4

It was sweet! The picture doesn't show it, but the paint was aged just enough to be cool, and just enough where daily driving wouldn't bother you one bit!

6. The '38 Ford is the pick of the litter. :) HRP

[​IMG]

7. It is sweet for sure.^^^^

8. Wish I knew about it .I am right over here in Sevierville T.N.Bruce.

9. ......You need to get out of the house more often, Bruce.:) I think this event has been going on for quite a number of yrs. In my younger yrs. I lived pretty close to you in the nearby hamlet of Chestnut Hill.:D

10. cobra_4

cobra_4

Yeap! Usually the first weekend in November, they also usually have a spring show around the 1st weekend of June, not 100% sure if that will happen next year or not though, hearing rumors both ways. But the fall show is pretty much a main stay. Used to be ALOT bigger, Southern Rodder started the show some ten years or so ago. Now the local car club runs it and does an awesome job.

11. 2 years ago i had my 56 chrysler windsor and hit all the car shows with it .Sold it to get this 56 buick special station wagon wagon.Been working on it for the past year so didnt hit any the shows this year.Hopping to at least get it to be a daily driver by next spring.Bad ankles and a Dr, fuck up on them make it hard to get around, but i manage.lol.Bruce.

12. low budget

low budget
    from Central Ky

Yeah, We stumbled across this by accident, me and my family went to the smokies for the weekend (pigeon forge/gatlinburg) and went over into cherokee and on to the Wheels Through Time motorcycle museum in maggie valley NC. (worth the trip)
    It was a good weekend and this show was a surprise bonus.
    A white 63 chevy 4 door lowered and factory dog dish caps sticks out in my memory the most for some reason.

I cant get the link to work but Thanks for sharing anyway.

13. Jimbo17

Jimbo17

Great shots of some awesome looking rod's

How cold was it this year for the run?

Jimbo

14. I can't believe I forgot this show.....

That '38 would have been worth the trip alone.

JH

15. cobra_4

cobra_4

Not too bad really. When the sun was out it was in the 50's-60's.

16. The last time I attend this show I still had my topless roadster and froze my butt off,,we got up Saturday morning and it was 18 degrees,,brrrrr! HRP