Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dragway 42 has been sold

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Leadsled51, Oct 17, 2013.

1. Leadsled51

Leadsled51

2. Was a bit worried a couple weeks ago.
    Good luck to the new owners.

I do have a pretty funny story about 42 and the 2012 rocking race, maybe I can tell it now ?

3. deadendcruiser

deadendcruiser

I want to hear this.:D
    I hope the new owners throw some money at the place and give it a few improvements. It is a nice change of pace from Norwalk, but it is showing its age.

4. Leadsled51

Leadsled51

Yea, I agree with deadend, would like to see it improved some. I think it would be a great place to have a vintage drag meet, something like the Meltdown drags.

5. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

I recall that place during its heyday in the late 60's early 70's. I too would like to see it back to some resemblance of that. Good luck to the new owners

6. I like the laid back atmosphere of the place, im so very happy that its staying a race track, I Just Hope that they don't loose that.
    They need to bring back the "Sunday Sunday Sunday at Dragway 42" radio commercials!!!

7. JC Sparks

JC Sparks
    from Ohio

My first crew job on a top fuel car was at Dragway 42 in 1979. JC

8. I think some changes would be cool...but not another Norwalk..keep it fun and low key. My dad is from Kent and used to go there when he was young

9. So did they "spill the beans" about the purchase ?

10. Not yet, Chad said there were still details being taken care of and the buyer wants to keep it hush hush until it is all done.

11. Leadsled51

Leadsled51

According to the comments on bangshift.com, somebody named Ron Matcham bought dragway 42...is this confirmed? Tman?

12. micky69

micky69
    from Ohio

13. I have not looked.