Register now to get rid of these ads!

Moonshine Festival Dawsonville Ga.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by k9racer, Oct 19, 2012.

1. k9racer

k9racer

So my question are any HAMB members attending this event ?? More 39 40 Fords in one place and lots of Race cars/ Trip cars............................................ A large number of HAMB friendly cars................. Working stills,early racing people. a few years ago we had Linda Vaughn set her booth next to The Georgia Auto Racing Fame area............................................ The newly reworked Dawsonville pool hall is reopened.................................................... Warning the festival also has vendors selling china/Tiawan/inda B.S............................................................ But A great time to be had by all.. Hot Rod Elvis on the hamb also gives tours at he HOF. He has not posted here for a while. Looking forward to seeing some hamb members at the event........................ Bobby.............

2. Yep, I'll be there. Coming up Thursday. Will be staying in Gainesville. Ready for a great time..

3. Yep we will be there....

4. Moedog07

Moedog07

I may attend, not sure if my car will, but I may.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012

5. i will probably go

6. sololobo

sololobo

Can't make the show, but must say, nice 56 customline bro! ~sololobo~

7. ratrod0

ratrod0

I'll be there saturday

8. B.A.KING

B.A.KING

yep think me and the el camino might try to be there.carlos to

9. 59ab

59ab

I'll be there Friday evening.

10. Falconred

Falconred

Glad you are coming down Jody. I'll be down on Saturday, hope to see you all.

11. Sounds good. I'll be with Phil.

12. k9racer

k9racer

So Jody are you bring a car for the show or what? Looking forward to seeing all... Bobby

13. Buckster

Buckster

I''ll be coming up Saturday morning along with a friend in his Flathead powered 32 Roadster. Three other friends who live nearby will be there, as well.

14. ill be there early tomorrow morning

15. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

16. Nancy and I decided to drive up to north Georgia yesterday (Sunday) to visit her mother. Since my mother-in-law live so close to Dawsonville, I decided to drive down and take some shots. Although it was late in the day Sunday, and many of the street cars had already left, there was still plenty to see and do.

The highlight of this event, for me, were the old stock car racers. Even though the place was so crowded making it difficult to get photos, I did manage to get some decent shots.

Here are some random shots from up and down the fareway .......
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When I first arrived, I had to park about a half a mile away and walk to where the main event was being held. Because it was so crowded with people shopping the vendors and so many of the participants of the car show had left, I soon began thinkin' I was going to waste a bunch of time being there. However, when the owner of the Curtis Turner '37 Ford coupe fired off its full house flathead, it made my day. That sumbitch sounded so righteous! That engine was hitting one nasty lick. I ate it up!!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looking up and over the Curtis Turner car ......
    [​IMG]

Famed Tim Flock's old car. Note that the information on the card misstates that the car is a '37. It's actually a '40 ......
    [​IMG]

Some more of the Flock family ......
    [​IMG]

One of my all-time favorites ......
    [​IMG]

Cotton Owens .....
    [​IMG]

Early David Pearson car ........
    [​IMG]

Bill Carden .....
    [​IMG]

The famous Pool Room. Leave all health consciousness at the door when planning on dining here ........
    [​IMG]

Couple of old moonshine runners ......
    [​IMG]

After spending about an hour at the festival, I headed back to the hills to my mother-in-law's house for some barbecue chicken. Just for the hell of it. I snapped this photo of the interior of the log house she lives in ....
    [​IMG]

This is the view from the back porch. It had been a very blustery day and the sky was very dramatic looking, all due to the hurricane activity to the far northeast ...........
    [​IMG]

And so ended the day.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  17. Nice shots. Those old NASCAR racers are sweet. I miss GA.

18. Thanks, as usual, among all those Fords it was the only Customline Victoria there. Nice pics. I don't know what it is about those flatheads but a full race one sounds like it has a thousand horsepower. Love it! On Friday a bunch of us went out to Atlanta Motorsport Park & made a couple of laps around the track then came back & had lunch at the Pool Room. I was parked up at the school with about a hundred other Fords. It was a great show although, for the most part Sunday was rained out. Saturday the place was packed. My highlight was I got a pic of David Pearson with my car.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  19. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Kool - Thanks for posted pics. not everyone uses facebook

20. k9racer

k9racer

Over 170 39/40 Fords at the festival.

21. That #91 Tim Flock car actually appears to be a 38 or 39, Toby, but you're right, it's for sure not a '37 as described on the placard. And why they would describe the #16 car of David Pearson as a '37 FLATBACK is beyond me. It's a coupe not a flatback sedan. I know I'm being picky, but I feel it's important for the promoters of these events to get stuff right 'cause after all it is the history of stock car racing and the little details mean a lot. Thanks for posting these. I've absolutely gotta get down there for this show sometime......Don.

22. Cool pics, hotrod1940. You have pictures of a lot of cars I didn't see but I never went uptown either. Maybe this year. You got my '56, sort of, when you took that pic of that black '56 Fairlane Victoria. Can't wait to get back this year...

23. 59 brook

59 brook

i am thinking about attending this show this year while my car may not exactly fit the bill. it always seems to bring out some neat cars and a few times I passed thru town and never got to see the museum . also may go up to the tail of the dragon on Friday for some fun then hit the show on sat. I did take the family to the pool hall for lunch

Last edited: Sep 5, 2013