Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Hosking's '55

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Ryan, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

2. I was never too crzy about tri-5's until i saw Dr. Dan's.....how couldyou not fall in love with that one?

3. outlaw256

outlaw256

now boss you hurt my feelings.lol the 55 is my all time favorite car but only the 2dr sedans 210 150s never was wild about hardtops.having owned 5 of them but not for awhile im buying a nother this month.boy have these things shot up in price from when i had mine.!!!!im buying a raw body for as much as i sold my last 55 and that thing would turn 10.92 in the 1/4.

4. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

My 1st car was a 55 2 dr. sedan and I still miss it!

That's one of my fovorite mild custom 55's. Is it still around? Though it wouldn't be touch to duplicate.

5. weez

weez

I must have had that that car in the back of my head when I did this one-

Attached Files:

6. jchav62

jchav62

The first car my Dad bought for me was '55 2 door H/T. I was only like 10-11 years old. By the time I got old enough to drive we ended up going a different route due to his physical ailments... I regret not talking him into just keeping it stored for me later... I love the 55's and I hope to have another one day. Hosking's is one of the coolest ones I've seen...

7. squirrel

squirrel

Nice car, if he changed the grill and side trim, and got the back of the car up in the air a little, it would be perfect!

8. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

Not a nice thing to say about Chevrolet. It's not a novelty, it's Americana! The TriFives were the cleanest cars to come out of Detroit which is why they were popular then and are popular now. Of course they also had the best V8 ever made. My first car was a 55 Nomad and 30 years later, I still kick myself for selling it.
    See America in your Chevrolet!

9. Weez, that is soooooooo cool. I would love to be driving that one!!!!

10. autobilly

autobilly

The mildly customised '55 Chev Hardtop rules IMO. With the panoramic wrap around windshield and backlight coupled with the expance created by the lack of B pillar, it's like a 'vert only better in the wet. Not to mention those subtle clean mid-century GM lines and "game changing" V8.

11. FlynBrian

FlynBrian

Biggest mistake I ever made, selling my 55. Nice custom 55 hardtop!

12. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Less is more is almost always the best rout...........cool car.

13. I'll always have a soft spot for '55s. My dad's first new car, bought when he was 21 and customized pretty much immediately...

[​IMG]

McCulloch supercharger...

[​IMG]

(I've posted these photos on the HAMB way too many times, but hey there's gotta be someone out there who hasn't seen 'em :D )

14. moefuzz

moefuzz

I agree, nothing special and fairly slow when compared to what the competition offered.
    Way over done, over rated and over priced in today's age.
    If a 350 is a belly button then the 567 is an a------.:D
    every bodies got one.

15. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Such a cool 55!

16. Jay71

Jay71

Well Big A, I've never seen the pics before! Thanks for posting them. Your dads car is just perfect.

17. daddio211

daddio211

Weez is the coolest! Wish someone would buy my double nickel!

18. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Moriarty's has more custom work done to it, but I've always liked it...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

McPhail's was/is cool, too...

[​IMG]

Malcolm

19. Abomb

Abomb

20. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

My first car was this ragtop. I got it near the end of my senior year in high school.

[​IMG]

21. outlaw256

outlaw256

SEE the usa in your chevrolet!! now, i feel better lol

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  22. flamingokid

flamingokid

My dream '55 was out at the Longview Lake show about 8 or 9 years ago.The guy wanted 4500 firm and I had more than that on me.My girlfriend said "not another one" and I kept walking.I broke up with her in Aspen 6 months later,don't miss her,but I do miss the car.My priorities were all screwed up...

23. Rathbone

Rathbone

You know how when you buy a car you start seeing them everywhere? I bought a '57 and there really aren't that many of them around. There are 10 '32 Ford's for every '57. Try actually counting them at any show you go to. On this site people constantly say they are too common and everything has been done; then they rage over every new '32!

You would be surprised (I was) about how many people in the general population (non-car people) have no idea what this car is and can't believe Chevy ever built anything that looks this good.

24. The 55's are beautiful...something about the front end treatment is simply sublime. The 56's and 57's, not so much.

The overall problem with the tri-fives however, is that they're everywhere and tend to get lost in the noise.

I remember staying a summer with my grandmother and her neighbor had a low-mileage 55 210 tudor. She didn't drive it and told me she'd sell it (for a fair price), but I couldn't get my dad to go along with it because he still had it in his mind that a used 55 should go for next to nothing.

I can still see that little sweetheart....I lusted after that thing almost as much as I did girls in general that summer.....maybe more.

25. I have never owned a '55 Chevy but it's not because I don't like them.

I remember several really nice ones in my area but there was always something else that seemed more important at the time,,usually Model A's,40 Fords and Deuces,,they still are on top of the list but someday,,:rolleyes:,, HRP

26. brian55lvr

brian55lvr
    from ma

first for me too-----thx

27. cabong

cabong

Hey Jim, I hope you were being facetious, 'cause if you changed those things it would be like all the rest....

28. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

Must be getting close to Halloween .. that ones back from the dead:)