Register now to get rid of these ads!

Productions Numbers and Value 1957 Ford Sedan Deliver (Courier)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roxndoxn, Jun 11, 2012.

1. roxndoxn

roxndoxn

As the title stats. I am looking for some production numbers and Value for these cars...

I have a friend who is looking to sell one.. It need full restore and it is non running with a 390.

I know these are pretty rare cars. I have not been able to find any info. I told him to send me the Vin Plate stuff so I can look further but in the mean time???

2. pictures help if you are after a SWAG here ... the 390 just might devalue the car also.

3. roxndoxn

roxndoxn

Well I am more interested in the production numbers.. I can find a value from there. Not sure what a (SWAG) means...

4. 6178 produced according to the Standard catalogue of trucks. Pat

5. roxndoxn

roxndoxn

Thank you.. Can you find that info online?

6. roxndoxn

roxndoxn

Was the rare thing a joke? I mean only 6172 produced compared to the 10's of thousands of all the other makes?

Btw they way I looked on that site and could not find the info! Thanks!

7. roxndoxn

roxndoxn

Also maybe a place to decode the Vin and Body

8. exStreamliner

exStreamliner

Rare depends on options... 312, two tone trim w/ anodized like Del Rio, rear side windows... Low production doesn't always mean rare today... When I was hunting for a 57 Country Sedan I looked at a dozen nice two doors... Folks saved them and didn't bother with the four doors which were the first candidates for parts cars... Bottom line when it comes to 57's rust has a major impact on the value... Watch eBay completed auctions to know what kind of actual bids they bring - asking prices are just that!

9. 26 roadster

26 roadster

Silly Wild Ass Guess, what you get when we haven't seen the car.

10. My 57 Pontiac sedan deivery is rare. 682 units produced and in Canada only. Maybe 10 left running. 57 Meteor (Canadian ford) sedan delivery very rare, not sure of the numbers. Pat

11. Normbc9

Normbc9

If this one has a 390 in it isn't a '57 motor on the Ford availability list. They listed 272, 292 and 312 for that year. They had a 223 six as well.
    Normbc9

12. ok these arent couriers but i bought my 57 2 door sedan for 2500.00 with new floors and quarters installed stripped rolling shell with other new parts with it

i bought a complete body no driveline or bumpers 4 door sedan fairlane 500 from another hamber for a parts car for 400.00 (if it had a title i wouldnt have parted it it was that solid)

IF your buddys car does have a 390 in it the engine is worth around 300.00 if its not locked up

why are these whats my cool old car worth threads allways from someplace way out west ?????

13. Exactly my point.

Any production run of less than 1000 I would consider as rare.

Multi thousands produced-not rare in my book.

Oldmics

14. I have owned 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliverys, both had 272 V8s, 3 speed standard transmissions, and 3.89 rear gears. Both mine were Canadian built Fords (not Meteors), but unlike the US cars, they were not called Coriours up here, rather they had chrome plated pot metal "Sedan Delivery" scripts on the front fenders. I bought the 1rst one in 1973 for $50.00:D, and although it was kinda rough, and burned oil, it was my first car, I even raced it once at Mission Raceway in 1974. In 75 I bought my 2nd SD, this one was nicer, and I had to pay "big bucks" for it ($175.00). I swapped out the very tired 272 for a slightly warmed over 360 FE from a 72 F250, and a C6. It was my daily driver for several years. The first car I scrapped around 1976, the 2nd one I sold in 1986, & it`is in a local Ford guys private collection, next to his 34 Ford Coupe and 70 Boss 429 Mustang. He also has a couple of Ford Pro Mod drag cars. Even in the mid 70`s, I very rarely seen another 57 Delivery.

15. Most of them were 6 cyl 3on the tree. They were utilitarian commercial vehicles. One was loaded if it hada radio and heater. Florists used them. Some funeral homes used them as flower cars. A junkyard here years ago had a '58 that once belonged to a funeral home. '58 sedan deliveries carried over '57 taillights.