Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bob Drake 40 Ford parts

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by oldolds, May 9, 2012.

1. oldolds

oldolds

Just noticed that Drake is having a clearance sale on his 40 Ford parts. Seems all is discontinued. Deep discounts, never to be made again. I am not really a 40 Ford guy, but it is sad to see it didn't work out for Mr. Drake. I doubt that he will break even on that project.

2. Roger Walling

Roger Walling

I thought that I read that he sold out the 40 to Denis Carpenter. I could be wrong.

3. I don't think he's getting out of the '40 parts business, he just had to sell the '40 Coupe body business to Carpenter because the primary financial backer for the coupe body development apparently pulled out on him. His '40 parts business has been, I'm sure, a huge portion of his total sales for years, and I would assume that will continue.

4. oldolds

oldolds

Sorry, should have stated body parts. I just noticed the ad in Hemmings. Trunk lid discounted from $1500 down to $995. I have seen used ones with prices near that. I understand that it's not a FORD part, but I have helped a few guys try to fit those trunk lids and the Ford ones never seem to fit well either.

5. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Is there a special sale page on this stuff? I couldn't find anything more than running boards on the special offer link. Gary

6. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Fit from the Ford factory was iffy at best. You have to remember these were the low-priced vehicles in the world of cars. Ford, Chevy, Plymouth were the low-priced 3.
    Henry would have never believed, but he would have been proud, that his low-end cars would still be popular or even exist 60+ years after his death and 103 years after his first T rolled out the door.

7. oldolds

oldolds

June Hemmings page 401 full page ad
    Roof $800
    Doors complete pr $1100 single$640
    outer skin $450 pr $250 single

No, I don't work for Drake. I am mostly a GM guy and remember when Experemetal made 32 Chevy bodies all looked good than, it all stopped when we were half way into a project. We got it done but had to hurry and buy parts before they were gone.

8. Hoods? Fenders?

9. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Thanx much, Gary