Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs "Canned Ham" Travel Trailer I.D.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Richard D, Jan 30, 2012.

1. I got this this weekend. I know there is a huge travel trailer thread, but I can't remember the title. Anyone know what brand this is? I won't be home before dark until this weekend.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2012
  2. flatford39

flatford39

Kinda dark pictures. Might be a Shasta but looks a little like a Scotty as well. I would look for help at the Shasta travel trailer forum. Someone there would identify it pretty quickly. What's the inside like??? Is it dry??

3. Seems to be pretty solid. I had to get it quick because two people called and three cars stopped by wanting to buy it while I was there, plus I was in a hurry when I saw it on the side of the road.

4. metalman

metalman

Hard to tell from these pics, better light and a shot of the door side whould help. Don't think it a Shasta without windows in the front on the sides. Might be a Hanson or if your lucky a DeVille. There was tons of different manufactures of these in the 50's and a lot looked simular so who knows. No manufacture tag by the front door?

5. I will look at it in the morning, I am sleeping in for a change and taking the Riv for paint(WOO HOO!). I only looked at the trailer for a few minuites, two people called the seller and three more in cars pulled up wanting to buy it out from under me.

6. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

"Lord, I was born a travelin' man....
    Tryin' ta make a livin', doin' tha best I can..."

Good score, Rich!

7. kisam

kisam

Love Shack Baby!

8. More like drinkin' shack/crash pad!

9. kisam

kisam

What? You haven't heard the story of Richard, trailers, and Roundup?

10. filthy frank

filthy frank

contact the canned ham man in riverside ca or on facebook

11. erock805

erock805

Didya tow it with the Riv? Congrats on the paint...post up pics when shes back.

12. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, it already made it into the listing of canned ham trailer photos. http://www.google.com/search?q=cann...AKxxo25AQ&sqi=2&ved=0CEcQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=576

I think a lot of local/regional manufactures kicked out their own version in the 50's and 60's much like the pickup camper manufactures did in the 70's and 80's.

When you can start checking it close in the daylight look for tags on the frame, shell o possibly inside the trailer with the mfg and ID number.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  13. squirrel

squirrel

Armour? Doesn't look the right shape to be Spam.