Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lowereing a 64 Dodge D100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Charley Davidson, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Charley Davidson

Charley Davidson

I just bought a 64 Dodge D100 and would like to lower it about 4 inches or so. The rear is pretty easy but the front not so much. It has a straight axle front end that looks like it would be impossible to put the axle on top of the springs and the springs are mounted dead center of the frame rails on the bottom instead of off to the side like the rear. Any suggestions on a fairly simple way of lowering it?

Thanks in advance, Charley Davidson

2. chaddilac

chaddilac

Contact Sid at droppedaxles.com and ask them if they lower D100 axles!!

3. Charley Davidson

Charley Davidson

Thanks, I just found an awesome post on lowering these trucks here http://www.sweptline.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=15894

Think I'll try the removal of some springs an flipping every other one. That should get me 3 or 4 inches and I shouldn't have to do anything else or have to worry about bump steering.

4. spanxxxdyer

spanxxxdyer
    from Calgary

I had an axle dropped by Sid for my '64 Fargo. The most he will go on these axles is 3".
    Sid is a busy guy, it took about 3 months to get my axle - it was well worth the wait.

5. five-oh

five-oh
    from Arkansas
    1. HAMB Old Farts' Club

If you don't mind the question, around what does that drop run? I've got a '63 that will one day make it from the back field to the shop, and a dropped axle is definately on the to do list.

6. spanxxxdyer

spanxxxdyer
    from Calgary

Sid's rates are posted on his site, the d100 drop was priced similarily to his other drop axles.