Register now to get rid of these ads!

headers for 64 Falcon w/ AOD Tranny

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by retiredblue, Aug 20, 2010.

1. retiredblue

retiredblue
    from california

Ok I did a search and need your opinions, I am putting in a 302 with an AOD in my 64 2dr Hardtop. the towers were removed and a MII front end installed. any suggestions on what type of headers will make my life and install easier?? thanks in advance- Vic

Attached Files:

2. I think these two might work. The first is a Patriot H8433-1, being a mid length it should fit. The second is a JBA 6642S which is for a Late Mustang with AOD and I think it should clear the MII rack
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. ojai/jan

ojai/jan
    from ojai, CA

Hi

I have an 80's 302 in my daily driver 1964 Ranchero and I have Doug's long tube tri-y headers and they fit well and sound great. I still have the stock front end and towers and a C-4 trans.

Jan in Ojai, CA

4. Thanks, we appreciate your endorsement of our headers :D I'm not sure they will clear the MII front suspension he has though

5. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

Arizona Muscle Mart has the Tri-Y $174.95 w/black paint or nickel plate at $189.95 listed for 1964-68 Mustangs, phone 1(602)233-0616 As a side note the Tri-Y will also fit a 54-56 Ford car with a 289-302 swap but the collector may need some mods due to the long length.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
  6. Note that those are NOT the Doug's ones suggested by ojai/jan, different style of Tri Y

7. retiredblue

retiredblue
    from california

has anyone tried them 174.00 specials from Arizona Muscle???sounds like a good price

8. JeffB2

JeffB2
    from Phoenix,AZ

I have seen them first hand,thick flanges and 16 gauge, if you would like a catalog their email is : [email protected] I have bought parts from them for my 302 to '54 swap.There is only one guy on the counter and they have a very large yard of salvage Mustangs 1964-73( is their specialty) so it is best to contact via email at times if He is out in the yard.This company has been around Phoenix a long time and has always treated me right on price,they are not a big box store so be patient when you order and ask for a shipping date.

9. Kenneth S

Kenneth S

I did a 64 Falcon a few years ago with a Mustang II front suspension/cross member, 302, with a C4, I used regular old pair of 64 1/2 - 66 Mustang 4 into 1 long tube Headman Headers, the one on the passenger side fit with no problem, on the drivers side I only had to reroute the back tube some to clear the firewall.