Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods has anyone got photos of plymouth fury gassers

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cudaben21, Dec 27, 2009.

1. im wandering if any has made fury gasser i would love to see photos of it im a huge fury fan i want to build a fury gasser one day so i want to what it would look like

2. thanks for the photos its a cool car

3. storm king

storm king

It's a cool car, but of course it's a '64 Dodge, either Polara or a 330 or 440 (body style) not engine reference.
    Wish I could help you, I know there's some out there.

Personally, I'd hate to drive that massive thing with it jacked so high. Rear tires way oversized for the era when cars were jacked like that too, but if the owner likes it, that's all that matters! I used to have an original 426 max wedge '64 sedan, which my brother bought new.

4. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but...

Attached Files:

5. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

And some more.

Attached Files:

6. It's a neat "looking" car..

But why does everyone think that EVERY car built is a GASSER?

The term is a WAY over used to discribe evey nose high POS built..

Rick

7. storm king

storm king

8. I guess to give guys like you something to complain about.
    The OP wasn't asking for blueprints, he was asking to see "what it would look like".

9. I like that '56 Fury roundy-rounder a lot! Of course, I may be biased..............:D

10. Funny that you're mentioning about a Fury Gasser, I've been sketching the very same thing last month. A '57 Fury would make an excellent gasser. I can see a little drag style gas tank in the middle; indent of the front bumper(where license plate would be attached)...do it!

11. powdercoater46

powdercoater46

Saw some at Goodguys in Indy last June...

12. Gigantor

Gigantor

In the latest issue of Hot Rod Deluxe, there is a Plymouth in the background photo of the Editorial page lined up with a flag man. Not a gasser per se, but a neat car.

13. storm king

storm king

I think 39fiat was just making a point about how some think everything is a gasser with a straight axle and nose bleed stance. That car is obviously a "street freak" as Car Craft coined the term in the early '70's. The vast majority of gassers had stock type IFS in them. I know from experiance that when we weighed a van type front axle back in the day, it weighed more than the IFS, so we never put one in the car. The Willys and Anglia cars used a light weight tube axle for the most part, a special built item. They were also very, very light cars themselves, as opposed to the hordes of tri five chevy gassers poping and farting their way down the 1/4 mile back in the day. If you go over to "Drag cars in motion" on some of the last few pages you'll see lots of pics of gassers without straight axles, or high noses, all from the late '50's/ early '60's.
    Gassers didn't start out as purpose built race cars, they were for cars with "moderate customizing" and if your car had an engine other than what was offered in the car, or even a different induction system thaan the factory offered, it was a gasser. This is back during the "Optional Super Stock" and early FX days. Modified production hadn't been thought of yet.

14. Thanks Storm king..That pretty much sums it up..
    I just get tired of seeing cars that IF you took to a Nostalgia event sure as hell wouldn't fall into any GAS class offered..
    I have no problem with any body building whatever they choose.
    Hell, it's their $$ ,not mine..Knock youself out..

Just don't call it a Super stock if it has a 6 cyl.motor,or a Gasser if it don't have fenders..
    You all get the idea..

I repect what peeps are building..but call it was it is..

Rick
    ===============================================

15. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

I believe it is a '57 Dodge CRL.

[​IMG]

16. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

I found a few others.

Attached Files:

17. thanks for the pictures of the furys im planning to bulid one next year for my 16th

18. storm king

storm king

16th as in birthday? Where are you in the UK? Are there old Furies there that aren't rusted past the door handles? Inquireing minds want to know.

Gotgas, it's ugly, its scary, but by God, at least its the real deal! Thanks for sharing that one!

19. ProEnfo

ProEnfo
    from Motown

20. ProEnfo

ProEnfo
    from Motown

So how do you really feel Rick ? :D I guess you won't be coming over to star on Motor City Motors now :p

LMAO
    Chuck

21. Chuck;

No..Think I'm the last one they want over there...LOL..
    Any 'build show' that's made for Television, hasn't impressed me..sorry..just MHO.
    Crushing an Anglia,or building a HOT DOG cart out of a FED,someone isn't 'rodding' in my mind..

Great pic you posted..Can i mail it to "Barry"..LOL

Rick
    ===============================================

22. im coming to the usa soon i may bring a couple of ford angilas to the states to make into gasser their are a lot of them in the uk

23. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Oh man....this RULES!!!
    Found this thread looking for ideas for my latest acquisition....and a "gasser-esque" car makes sense since the front suspension has been cut off.....

[​IMG]

24. I'm Bad I'm Nationwide.

I'm Bad I'm Nationwide.
    from Howell Mi