Register now to get rid of these ads!

talked alot of shhtuff but never posted pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tomcantdoit, Jun 8, 2009.

1. UPDATE ON PAGE 5
    well i thought for my 617th post id finally post some pictures of the car i have been working on, a 1931 for tudor on a 32 ford frame. i have owned the car since i was 15 years old and has been in my dads back yard ever since. i started out wanting a full fendered sedan, but i have always loved model a's on a 32 frame so i sold all my fenders, splash approns, grille shells, and doors that i had and bought a se 32 frame rails from VAPHEAD. i built a jig and welded them all up,sorry dont have any pictures scanned of the frame build up but could get some if anyone would like to see them. I am heavily influenced by a bunch of different eras 40s through the 70s and builds styles so i threw those elements into the build. i grew up around street rods, hot rods, and semi-custom cars. my pops built a 1934 chevy foor door sedan in the late 60s and drove it regularly to the nsra nationals, rocky mountain nationals, and around town all the time.

[​IMG]
    Heck i was brought home from the hosptial in the 34. with my build i am aiming for a 70s streetrod/hot rod feel. i plan to run 2 97 on an adapter, 36 drive shaft headers, and a 32 grill shell. some of the aspect of the car are traditional while others are custom and street rod touches. now on to the pics
    here i am bringing the car home for the first time when i was 15 and chopping it when i was 16 or 17 cant remember.:D:rolleyes::D

[​IMG]

and here it is as of 06/07/09

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

note the shaved door handles and hidden hinges, here is where the custom and street rod part of my life comes into paly

and finally hard core traditionalist turn your head or devert your eyes cuz you might not like this one.

[​IMG]
    suicide doors:cool::D:cool: i have always liked the suicide doors on the 32 3 window and all the 33-34 passanger cars so i had to have them on my car. here is another example of the street rod and custom part of my life.

well thats it folk, and remember "may the force serve you well"
    [​IMG]

TOMCANTDOIT

Last edited: Jun 6, 2011
  2. feel free to say if you love it, hate it, or just not decided. im also open to any type of photoshoping since i have not decided on a color yet.

3. Fordguy78

Fordguy78

That things got a sweet stance. It kinda reminds me of the Eastwood & Barakat '32.

4. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Nice work on the build. Sure some of the mods might go against the grain with some on here but when it comes down to it, the only one you need to please is yourself. Keep up the good work.

5. thank you, and yes i have always liked that 32 very sexy IMHO:D

6. choppintops

choppintops
    BANNED

I love the plate crs 777 (cant remember shit 777).

7. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

Right up your Alley Tom
    looks cool

8. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Looks like you are on a roll to me. Love the stance and tire/wheel selection. Looking forward to updates.

9. Butch11443

Butch11443

Very nice job so far. Keep us posted as you go. Brandywine with a light pearl or metallic might be something to consider.
    Butch

10. Chop looks just right to these eyes, and I really like the wheel/tire combo...

11. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

I like the dish mags with the dirt trackers.

12. TNHaney

TNHaney

Very Nice!!!

13. Xdrag48

Xdrag48

I like the way it looks...It does have that 60's/70's look with the slots,but i always liked slots too. As for color almost anything looks good on sedans (hey i said almost).....
    ( And from looking at the pics TOM CAN DO IT....lol )

Thanks for sharing.....
    Steve

P.S. Your dads 34 looks great too!

14. PoPo

PoPo

I like it, the suicide doors look like it might have taken a lot of work. good stuff and glad your doing it the way YOU LIKE!!!!

15. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Looking damn nice !
    I really like what you have done with it so far . :cool:

Keep up the great work & keep us updated ! :D

16. skoh73

skoh73

Jealous- nice work. Echoing what the others have said, glad you're doing what YOU want to do. Please tell me you're not gonna paint it flat black. I think its gotta be a gloss (at the very least, a suede). But keep doing it your way!

17. donnie

donnie
    from NC

Nice stance, and chop. Not a big fan of the doors or the indented firewall. You do do good work it looks very well done.
    I think you should paint it the same colour as your pops 34.

18. I really dig the wheels/tires.... a nice touch might be polishing or plating the front axle.. it would break up the white a little.. You said you want a 97 adaptor.. but this car is screaming for dual 4's!

19. chevy210

chevy210

Dig the stance and the wheel/tire combo. Keep up the good work.

20. KooDaddy

KooDaddy
    from Wis.

Ditto X2

21. blue57ford

blue57ford

22. cretin

cretin

Most likely not what I would do, but I can dig it. Keep it up!

23. thanks for the kind words. i was unsure on how good the tires would look, but when i finally got them mounted, they looked great!! i was thinking of painting the car almost the same color as my pops, or something similar since i still have a full jar of the metal flake he used. As far as ding my own thing, hey isnt that what this hobby is all about???? the hardest part of this build is not the chop or the frame, but getting the car out of the back yard:eek: there is no alley and when i brought the car home it had to be carried down the side of the house and it was a tight fit. the car may have lost a few inches but gained abunch of weight with the subrails and filled roof.

24. for those of you who liked my pops car, here it is after a heavy chop, and yes the kid in my pops arms is me:cool:

[​IMG]

25. rick finch

rick finch

Like it...ixnay on the metal flake though.

26. yeah im still not sure what color to paint my car. a photoshop would help hint hint to all the photo shop gurus

27. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

have you figured out your coil overs yet?

28. kind of. i moved the rearend up almost an inch so i need to get all of that squared away.

29. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

when you figure it out..take me to school..ok?